But she just threw her head back and stared at the ceiling, "Dear Lord..." She prayed, something she felt like she hadn't done in months apart from grace whenever she was going to eat.

A moment passes before she has the strength to look back down at the bag. She barely glances at it before distracting herself. She pads over to the bathroom, ready to take her first shower in a day considering she now had clean clothes to change into.

It was her first time seeing the bathroom and all she could do was gape in amazement. The porcelain sink was held up by a floating cabinet, both pristinely white. The mirror above it had light shining from behind it, giving it a glowing effect. A wooden platform gave a little more height to anyone who stood in front of that area.

Directly beside the sink was the shower, only being separated by another wooden platform and a glass divider ━ moreso a box. The shower was encased in the very transparent box. Her eyes draw to the ceramic tub just across from the overhead shower. She could see herself taking some very good bubble baths in there if she actually came on her own accord and wasn't forced to be there.

Deciding to stress her kidnapper out, she takes her time to strip herself of her clothing before stepping up on the platform to enter the box. She turns the water on and waits until it heats up, the initial cold shocking her.

When it's warm enough, she stands under the showerhead with the intention of getting her straightened hair wet. She knew at one point it was going to be messed up, so she just chose now to do it. She takes advantage of the fifteen million bottles of shampoo and conditioner on the ledge beside her.

Running her hands through her hair, her mind drifts off to her friends back home. No doubt what Giovanni told them makes her seem like such a selfish person. If only they knew the truth. And then Hunter probably took this as a sign to go off with other girls ━ not that he wasn't doing it before, but now he just had more freedom. As much as she felt hurt, a sliver of her mind told her that she just didn't care about him.

Not anymore.

And her father. She hoped on everything that her father would find that something was off. That he would try to get into contact with the rest of her friends and see that the stories didn't add up ━ unfortunately for her, she didn't tell her dad about her friends. So he doesn't have anyone to talk to.

Then her mind goes to her brother. Kellan Fucking Reed. She was angry, no doubt. Her brother had gone off from being a man of honor to one who steals things from dangerous people. She can't even imagine what is going through his head, wherever he is. As angry as she was, she couldn't help but pray that he doesn't take the bait and try to be a hero.

It might not work out this time.

A tear rolls down her cheeks at the thought of losing her brother. He helped raise her but with all the mess he's gotten himself into, she knew things might go left too quickly.

She stays in the shower until her body became so adjusted to the scorching hot water that it started to feel cold against her skin. Kalani twists the knob, turning off the water, and steps out. She grabs the towels that were hung up and wraps one around her body while the other dries her hair. She groans when she sees that it barely covers the bottom part of her ass.

She doesn't think too much about it and proceeds to brush her teeth with a new unopened toothbrush. When she spits into the sink one last time, she looks at herself in the mirror, trying to stall as much as she can.

She washes out the sink before holding her hand over her chest to keep the towel stable. Her feet hit the cold floor as she treads back into the room only to release a scream when her eyes catch Giovanni sitting on her bed.

Though his eyes were trained on his phone, Kalani tightens the towel over her chest, her other hand reaching to cover her ass.

"Can you please get out?" She screeches.

The man in question looks up from his phone with a raised eyebrow. "No."

Kalani throws her head back, missing as Giovanni's eyes trail down her smooth legs, looking exactly as he'd imagined them. She also misses when he licks his lips, subconsciously.

When she looks back down, he's stood directly in front of her, a grimace painted on his face, "Hurry the fuck up, Kalani."

She knows her next words will for sure get her killed.

Annoyed at his demands, she crosses her arms over her chest, drawing his attention to her breasts, "Make me."

In a flash, his tattooed hand is wrapped around her throat, eliciting an internal moan from her. He pushes her back into the wall lightly, trying his hardest not to be too aggressive. His minty breath hits her face and his nose brushes her cheek as he speaks into her ear, "Do not test me, Ms. Reed. I could kill you right here and now."

Her eyes dart to look at him through the corner of her eyes, "Then do it. Because if you do, you lose your leverage and my brother is out there in the wind and kidnapping me would've been for nothing."

Giovanni stares at her intensely, setting off an air of tense silence between them. She could've cut it with a steak knife.

Their breaths mingle as his head tilts, the hand that was around her throat now by his side. She doesn't shy away, her chest puffing up with a newfound sense of confidence.

She watches as his eyes glimpse down at her lips before meeting her eyes once again.

"We leave in thirty minutes. Whether you are dressed or not."

And with that, he leaves the room.

Kalani releases a shaky breath.