sixty eight

The trip to Exegol is difficult

The trip to Exegol is difficult. We all jump to the Outer Rim, following the path Rey gave us. Then, we go through some demonic red tunnel. It looks like it's straight out of the depths of Mustafar.

Everywhere I look. And things look up suddenly, causing many pilots to bump into rocks or strands of...whatever this is.

"I know it's a rough ride but stay locked on Rey's course." Poe says over the comlink. Behind him, I can hear R2 beeping unhappily.

My boyfriend chose to give BB-8 to Finn for his ground team. I'm not sure why, but that doesn't matter.

Once we get to the middle of the red tunnel, Rey jumped to lightspeed. So we follow. The long tunnel of blurring blue stars doesn't last long though.

Too soon, we've entered Exegol. It's worse than I imagined.

It's dark, and not only that, there's the threat of getting struck by the lightning that just randomly pops up. And, the shadows of millions of Star Destroyers doesn't really add to the already happy picture.

"Look at that fleet." Poe murmurs. Now, he's definitely nervous. I can hear it in his voice.

Before anyone can respond, there's green lasers being shot at us. I let out a yelp and swerve to avoid them. It's hard though. They're coming from every Destroyer.

"Dammit!" I yell into the comlink.

"Welcome to Exegol!" Poe replies. He dips and swerves. I pull my X-wing into a double barrel roll, just barley missing the ion cannon shots.

"Watch your starboard Wexley!" Someone yells.

"Whoa!" Snaps yells in surprise.

"Get to their altitude! They can't fire at us without hitting each other!" I order.

"Copy that Black Leader." Lula says into the comlink. I grin, even though we're probably all gonna die out here.

Behind me, BB-12 screams and chirps in fear as I spin and swerve to avoid shots.

"Don't give up!" Poe yells. "Help is coming!"

"Poe. Wren. I see it." Finn speaks up. He's using our all three personal comlinks with each other. "I got a visual on the tower."

Everyone is diving towards the Star Destroyers. "All right Finn!" I yell. "Just get down there and destroy it. We're not gonna last long out here."

The words have barley been out fo my mouth when thousands of TIE fighters come screaming out at as. I grit my teeth.

"Incoming TIE's!" Snaps says into the com.

"I see them!" Poe yells. "I got you Finn."

His familiar black and orange X-wing soars towards a transport full of our ground strike team.