four

As a result of me staying up all night, worrying about the mission, I go to sleep late, and wake up late

Someone is knocking on my door, and I'm grumpy.

"Who is it?" I yell out, brushing hair away from my face.

"Ms. Solo, I'm very sorry to wake you, but the Green squadron has arrived from their mission."

I could recognize that voice anywhere. C3PO.

I think for a minute. Why is the Green squadron important to me?

"Braiden." I whisper to myself. I shoot out of bed, not bothering to put anything else on.

I run out of my room in shorts and a sweater, nearly knocking 3PO down.

"Oh my!" He says, quickly recovering from his stumble. I ignore him, and sprint to the docking bay.

Once inside, there's loads of people. I run around, looking for a familiar head of dark curls.

Finally, I see him. He's stepping out of his X-wing now.

"Braiden!" I yell, pushing through crowds of people. He looks up, catches sight of me, and grins.

He holds his arms open, and I run into them. He picks me up, spinning me around. I bury my head in his neck.

Right in this moment, I forget that he's been on a mission doing who knows what, and sleeping with Force knows who.

"Hey Wren." He whispers in my ear, refusing to set me down. I smile widely. Even though Braiden and I are on and off, and I don't like relationships with anybody, it feels good to be wanted.

I lift my head up, glancing around. Nobody's looking at us. Well, except for a familiar pilot.

Dameron stands across the docking bay, clenching something in his hand. His eyes are locked on Braiden. And if looks could kill, I'm guessing that the newly arrived pilot would've been dead minutes ago.

Finally, Braiden sets me down, fingers accidentally brushing the back of my thighs. I shiver, and remember that I'm barely wearing clothes.

"You came at a really bad time." I say breathlessly. Braiden looks me up and down.

"I think I came at a pretty good time actually." He smirks. I punch his shoulder playfully.

"You know what I mean. I'm just about to leave for a mission. Which reminds me, I've got to go get dressed." I say. I quickly kiss him on the cheek, and then leave the docking bay.

The rest of the halls in the base are empty, save for a few droids running around.

I arrive at me room not seeing a single other person. Quickly, I take a shower, and slip into clothes of my own choice. It's jeans, a black tank top, and a leather jacket with the red Resistance logo on it. I tuck a bag of the things I'm going to need under my arm, and pat R3 on the head.

He wakes up with a click. I crouch down so I'm face to face with him.

"Hey buddy. I'm leaving for a mission. I should be back in at least three days. Ok?"

R3 whirs out an okay. I pat him on the head once more before leaving my room.

The walk back to the docking bay is a little bit harder. Many people have filtered out, and are milling around in the halls.

I roll my eyes, and elbow most them aside. They all glare at me, but I could care less.

I walk into the docking bay, and catch sight of Braiden and Dameron.

Not wanting to interrupt their conversation, I creep behind a cart of supplies and listen in to what they're saying.

"-you're back, and you've slept with Force knows how many girls. She's gonna get upset man." Dameron says.

"Jeez Poe. Calm down. She didn't look to mad at me earlier did she? Besides, lay off. She's my girl. It's not like you have a thing for her."

"Of course not Braiden. Birdy and I are enemies, polar opposites. I just don't want a member of my squadron getting distracted by a womanizer." Poe says smugly.

Before Braiden can explode, I step out, acting like I heard nothing.

"Ready to go Dameron?" I ask him. Poe nods, and throws one last look at Braiden.

I kiss Braiden, hard, on the lips, before skipping after Dameron.

I'm stopped suddenly. A hand is on my shoulder. I turn around to see the new pilot, Lula. She presses something into my hand.

"Here." She says. "For good luck." Lula hugs me quickly and then scurries off. I stand there, perplexed. I unfold my fingers and glance down at the object. It's a gold ring with a little dial on the side. I press the dial down, and the middle of the ring slides away to reveal the white Resistance symbol on a red background. I smile and slide the piece of jewelry into my pocket.

"You coming Birdy?" Dameron yells. I turn and roll eyes at him.

We head to a ship near the front of the docking bay. I'm not sure what model, I just know it's old. One of the pilots picked it up from a junkyard and brought it back here. It's one of the only two seater ships we have, and unless Dameron wants me to sit on the roof with BB-8, it's the one we're taking.

I hop in first, taking my time picking which seat.

"Do you wanna fly Dameron?" I ask him.

"I don't care Birdy, just pick a seat!" Poe says.

"Well alright." I mutter. I take the back seat, trying to get comfortable. This ship is definitely not spacious.

BB-8 is already in position in the back. He powers up the ship, and I can hear him whirring with excitement.

Poe lugs himself into the front seat and settles into his chair.

The top of the ship closes us inside, and I let out a breath.

"Rethinking your decision Birdy? I can still let you out." Poe says, his eyes fixed on flipping switches everywhere in the cockpit.

I bring my booted foot back and kick the back of his seat, hard.

I see Poe double over and let out a groan.

"Does that answer your question?" I ask smugly.

Poe just mumbles something out in response.

"Oops. Sorry. I should 'respect my Commander'."

"This is going to be a long trip." Poe mutters.

In the back I hear BB-8 beep.

"Jakku is just six parsecs away. We'll be fine."

"Sure. BB-8 is she ready to fly?" Poe calls out.

BB beeps out a yes.

The ship takes off, and soon we're gliding out of the Resistance bases' hangar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Honestly we should petition for a Poe movie. He's just so precious. 🥺🥰

word count: 1129