ten

The first thing I do when I get back to D'Qar is hug my mother

The first thing I do when I get back to D'Qar is hug my mother. She's surprised to say the least. I've never been one for physical contact. The second thing I do is take a shower. Jakku sand has a nasty habit of sticking everywhere. As I stand underneath the torrent of water, I let myself think.

Ben really did a number on me. I feel my knees shake, and I sink to the ground in the shower. I don't realize I'm crying until the water on my face is warm, and the shower water is cold.

I stand up, and grab a towel, drying myself off. I slip into a red sweater and wince when the fabric touches my arm. I forgot about the blaster shot.

I open my door, and head downstairs to the med bay. It's busy, with people crowding around one certain bed.

I stand at the entrance, waiting for somebody to notice me. Nobody does. I clear my throat, loudly. Still nothing.

"Excuse me?" I ask. Not a single head perks up.

"Excuse me!" I yell.

All the nurses look up at me, their attention momentarily drawn away from whoever they're examining.

"I could use your medical attention." I say. I cross my arms, momentarily forgetting about my blaster wound. I wince, and a nurse leads me to a bed.

I sit down on it, my feet brushing the floor. A doctor of sorts walks up to me, and pulls the curtain around the bed closed.

"Take your shirt off Ms. Solo." She asks me. She taps her pen on her clipboard.

"Here?" I ask.

"Yes Ms. Solo. That's why I drew the curtains. To respect your privacy." The doctor states as if this is obvious.

I study her for a minute. She looks stern. Her blonde hair is pulled back in a tight bun, and her grey eyes hide behind a pair of glasses.

"Ok." I shrug, and pull my sweater off.

The doctor leans forward, and pulls on a pair of latex gloves. She presses her thumb to the wound, and I let out a yelp.

The doctor straightens up and adjusts her glasses.

"Wait here." She replies. She slightly draws back the curtains, but then steps through and closes them again.

I let out a sigh. The air in the medbay is cold. It soothes my burning wound.

Outside of my secluded area, I can hear someone struggling.

"Let me see her! That's my girlfriend!" That same someone yells. I perk up. I could recognize that voice anywhere. Braiden.

The doctor from before rushes past the curtains. She holds something in her fist.

"Here. This should help. Apply it every morning and every night until it gets better." She says. She places whatever she was holding into my hand, and then leaves me alone, probably going to help the other doctors subdue Braiden.