Chapter 11

The end of the week was now nearing. Sarah and Mark had gone out every single day, uncovering different parts of the city. Through this experience, the friendship between the two of them had grown immensely. Today, Sarah and Mark were spending their day at Canada's Wonderland.

"Make sure you cover yourself up well." Mark's manager said to him. Mark nodded, fixing the black cap on his head as his manager pulled up to the drop off area. He pulled out his phone, texting Sarah.

Mark
Are you here yet? I'm here :)

Mark felt his phone buzz.

Sarah
I'm almost there, bus is pulling in now. I think I see your van.

Mark looked out his window, seeing the girl walk towards his manager's car. Mark's manager noticed too, unlocking the doors to the car.

"Let me know when you're done and have fun." His manager called out to him.

"Thanks hyung, see you!" Mark said, exciting the car. He saw Sarah smile the second she saw him. He smiled back at her, walking towards the girl.

...

Sarah was excited to visit the amusement park but looked at the boy beside her. Mark was looking at the large rollercoaster, gulping. Sarah chuckled seeing him act that way.

"Do you like roller coasters?" Sarah asked him, her eyes sparkling. Mark hesitated for a second before answering.

"I mean, I won't die.... right?" Mark asked. Sarah chucked before pointing to the largest rollercoaster, with huge drops and turns.

"Let's go on that one first!" Sarah said, walking towards it. After taking a few steps, she turned around to see Mark who was still standing in his spot. She frowned before walking back.

"What's wrong?" Sarah asked him.

"That one looks the scariest." Mark pointed out. Sarah patted his arm, reassuring him.

"We should go on the scariest one first so the other ones won't be that bad." Sarah told him. Mark stared into space, debating whether that was a good idea. Sarah moved herself so that Mark had no choice but to look into her eyes.

"I'll be beside you the entire time, alright?" Sarah said. Mark took a deep breath.

"Okay." Mark said, putting a small smile on his face as he followed the girl to the line.

...

"I'm going to regret this." Mark and Sarah were next in line and Mark was literally shaking in fear. Sarah tried to hide her smile as she reassured Mark.

"If it's scary, just close your eyes, alright?" Sarah told him. The previous group had returned and the gates opened, allowing Sarah and Mark to board the ride. They quickly fastened their buckles, putting the bar down.

"I guess there's no going back now." Mark said half heartedly.

"I'll be over before you know it." Sarah said with a small smile. The ride began moving and soon, they were going up the first drop.