Always & Forever.

Magsimula sa umpisa

Now, don't get her wrong, she loved the man. She truly did, with all her being. But Cookie liked her personal time and while she was in that mansion, personal time was non-existent.

She groaned loudly when she heard a hard knock at the door. "Lucious, we've had this conversation. Yo' yella ass can't come in!" she hollered out.

Jamal chuckled from outside the door before pushing it open to meet his Mother's frustrated glare, but the moment she noticed it was her runaway son, Cookie beamed brightly and squealed out her classic; "Jamal!" Jamal's arms wrapped tight around his Mother's waist as she squeezed the life out of his ribs.

"Took you long enough to come visit me, boy!" Cookie exclaimed as she slapped her son on the arm.

Jamal hissed at his heavy-handed Mother but smiled, warmly, at the familiar greeting. "Hey, Mama." He murmured before he poked his head into the phone. "Hey, Instagram."

Uninterested in the Live now, Cookie shot out a brief 'See y'all later' before ending it and embracing her son again.

"You doing Lives now? In yo' hair salon?"

Cookie waved a hand of dismissal. "Porsha's ass got me into it," she told him before she stroked a hand, gently, down the sexy wig. "And this salon, henny, is my escape from your damned Father."

"Why you doing that man dirty?" Jamal chuckled as he dropped into a seat and spread his legs out.

"That man has been all up under me since the moment I walked back into that mansion, Mal." Cookie exclaimed, taking a seat beside him. "I thought I'd piss him off enough to give me some space by redecorating the house and getting rid of that ugly ass Klimt, but nah, he's all over me like a rash."

Jamal rolled his head to peer at her. "You know he just wants to make sure he doesn't lose you again, that's all." He said, pushing her knee with his hand.

Cookie's exasperated expression softened. "I know that, baby, and he isn't going to, but that man needs to give me some space before I smother him with a pillow."

"Again."

Cookie reached over to smack Jamal. "Shut up, boy."

Later into the day, Kai brought a sleeping Obama Lyon for dinner with the rest of the family, including Teri and Tiana. She and Andre had been slowly building the trust up in their relationship and thanks to therapy, it seemed like things were going to work out well for them with the glimmer of hope Teri, Andre, and Walker would be able to be a family once again. The prospect had Cookie grinning from ear to ear with joy for her eldest child. Lord knows Andre had been through more than most and each time with the support of his family, he always managed to see the light before it was too late. Mental Illness was a serious thing, and Cookie had began to advocate and use her platform and celebrity status to bring awareness to the subject in the African American community.

"Wait, wait, wait," Hakeem said in puzzlement as he set his fork down and arched an eyebrow at his brother. "You named the kid Obama. As in Barack Obama?"

"I sho' did." Jamal affirmed, proudly.

"Ma, ain't that whack?" Hakeem questioned, expecting his Mother to back him considering he was certain he was now her favourite child. Hakeem hadn't run off to start over in another country like Jamal, nor was he crazy like Andre. He was essentially the perfect son.

"'Keem, sit there and eat yo' food, boy." Cookie scolded, shaking her head. "You ain't got no room to talk after calling your child Prince."