Feeling all the color drain from my face, I couldn't help but let a few tears fall at the thought of Pixie getting killed by President Snow. She was too kind. She was my friend. Was it my fault that she was dead? What did she do? Holding my hand tightly, she slips on a gold ring onto my middle finger, making the sinking feeling in my gut worsen. This was Pixie's ring. I had seen her wearing it one time.

"I am so proud of you, Athena. I held up my promise of getting you out of that Arena, now I promise you that I'll protect you for as long as I can while you're in the Capitol." Pixie said, brushing out the knots of my hair.

"Thanks Pixie." I said, as she put the brush down.

I wanted to be more grateful, more excited. But, I just couldn't. I wanted to go to bed and sleep for the next few weeks. Looking at her reflection in the mirror, a glint of gold caught my attention, what was that? Following the glint of gold, I noticed it was a gold ring on her pointer finger. A simple bang with something engraved.

"Pixie, what is that?" I ask, curiosity.

"Oh this? A ring that Klaudius had gotten me, it was to remember the day that you won your Games. I mentioned it to you, remember?" She said, showing me the ring.

Just like she had said, the ring had an engraved date on it, 11 / 22. The date that I won my Games. Tilting my head in confusion, I noticed that she also had her name engraved on the ring. Why would she have her name on it? It was her ring, people should know that right? She had no need for it.

Snapping out of daze, I met Milama's eyes but frowned when I noticed that they were glossed over. Her lip was quivering, but she plastered on a fake smile trying to mask her tears. I didn't blame her in the slightest. I felt like I was doing the same thing. It was like my Games all over again. Stepping on the pedestal, I hold onto her hand tightly, not wanting to let her go just yet.

"She was part of a revolution, as were so many others. Change is coming to Panem, Athena. You need to know that this revolution needs you and Katniss. Stay alive, darling. Find Katniss and the others." Milama whispers, as I step onto the pedestal.

"Revolution?" I ask, as she looks over at the door.

"We don't have much time. The clock is ticking, but your time hasn't come yet." She said, looking over at the small camera in the corner of the room.

What? Going to grab her hand, thick glass surrounds me, trapping me inside. Pressing my hand on the glass, I watched in horror as Peacekeeper's flooded the room. No. No. No. Gripping onto her hair, the Peacekeeper's drag Milama out of the room, her thrashing against their hold. No. No. Shaking my head in disbelief, I let out a sob as the pedestal started to move up. No. No.

"Stay alive, darling. Find Katniss and the others." Her voice rings in my head as motivation.

Just like my Games, I am slowly raised above the ground, dropping into the Arena. Blinking, my eyes water up as the sunlight hits me head on. Taking a deep breath, the smell of salt fills my nose. Oh my god. This was really happening. Raising my hand to block out the light, I felt my stomach fill up with dread as I looked around me. Water surrounded me, deep water. Looking to my left, I could see the female tribute of District Nine a few feet away from me. This is no place for me or the girl on fire.

"Fuck." I whispered, as a choppy wave crashed against the pedestal.

'10..

9..

8..

7..

6..

Wiping my tears, I focused my attention on the Cornucopia which had to be at least ten yards away from me. Maybe more. Bouncing on the balls of my feet, I prepared myself to dive into the hopefully not dangerous water. I didn't want to dive head first into toxic waters. Bending my knees, I rolled my shoulders back and zoned in on other weapons nearby. I need something. Anything. A knife. A spear. I just need to grab something.