Chapter Eleven - Y/N

Start from the beginning

"Were you guys...?" He trailed off, not only his voice but his expression twisting a little. I raised my eyebrows.

"Are you asking if we were screwing around?" I laughed. He didn't respond. "Absolutely not. I think I had a crush on him when I was like, fifteen, and that's as far as that went. Don't be jealous." I tugged his sleeve playfully, and he yanked his arm away, scowling.

"I'm not jealous." He mumbled. I laughed again.

"Mhm. Sure. But in all seriousness, no. I've never been in a relationship, you heard me tell Dabi that."

"You could've been lying." Tenko snapped. I shrugged, smiling at him, and the scowl on his face faded for a split second.

"I wasn't."

I pressed my hand to the wall again, feeling a bit of blood start trickling down my cheek from my ear and wiped it away, walking a little faster to ignore the heat rising to my cheeks.

After about a half hour, I began to pick up on thoughts, and soon afterwards, voices, and followed them, leading us to the building in which Chisaki was waiting. Mimic was with him, that tiny little asshole, and Chronostasis, the one with the sexy white overcoat, were with him. I didn't want to risk going through their heads, since oftentimes the person can almost feel or sense when I'm in their minds, but they were guarded and wary of us.

I nodded politely at the two as Chisaki sat on one of the two couches in the room, with a spotless glass table in between them, with a poster on the wall. That's it. Overhaul clapped his hands together.

"Hello, you two."

"Not big on decorating, huh?" Tenko scratched at his neck, pulling off his hood.

"I'm not a fan of cluttered spaces." The gangster replied in a deadpan as Mimic plopped on the couch arm beside him, with Chronostasis behind the two of us as we sat on the other couch.

"We've been wandering these tunnels for half an hour... way to make your guests feel like ants! Is every Hassaikai hideout as bizarre as this one?" Shimura griped.

"If not for Y/N's quirk, it would've taken even longer." Overhaul grinned at me, his face barely shifting under his beaked mask. "We can't ever be sure who's watching or what a guest is thinking, so we've got multiple shifting underground routes. This room is well hidden."

"We've survived as long as we have thanks to this intricate setup." Mimic chimed in, flipping through his deck of cards repeatedly. "So, about your call the other day... Did you mean it? You'll actually join us depending on the terms?"

"Depending on the terms." I echoed, smirking.

"That's a nice way of putting it." Tenko kicked his foot up on the table and I laughed, seeing Kai's face twitch a little, and kicked up both my boots as well. "You guys wanna use our name, and we wanna expand our influence. We both have something to gain here, no?"

"Get your filthy feet off my table." Overhaul leaned his head against his hand, fingers prodding at a scar. A scar. He can heal his wounds, why didn't he heal that one? Then I realized... that was where Magne struck him. "Y/N, you know I can't stand that."

"Mr. Boss, you should really be more polite and say something like, 'Please move your foot', or whatever. Show some humility." Tenko's sneaker didn't budge. I rolled my eyes.

"It's Ghost, Overhaul. Or should I say K-"

"Ghost." Overhaul sighed. "Please remove your feet from the table."

"No. We won't be working under you. We'll do what we want, when we want; 'we' being the League, of course." I changed the subject. "Let's be equals. Friends. Let's help one another out. I know you miss being my friend, Overhaul." I shot him a buttery-smooth wink. He studied my face, and I could tell he knew my optimism was strained, but I didn't care.