Chapter Ten - Y/N

"She didn't sob or wail. Her grief was horribly discreet but as persistent and almost as silent as bleeding from an unstitched wound."

- Notes from an exhibition by Patrick Gale, page 36. (via maybesorrowismygain)

We were silent as he entered the warehouse, with Twice trailing behind him. His cough barely echoed in his mask, and he glanced at me briefly, his dark eyes flitting over my form quickly before turning his glare to Tenko.

"Quite a whopper you landed us, Twice." Tenko spoke, and it was hard to tell if he was being serious or not. I failed to bite back a laugh, but I didn't peel my eyes from Kai. I had a bad feeling, like something was going to happen.

"Whopper? You being sarcastic, huh, League Of Villains?" Overhaul asked, expression darkening even more. I shrugged.

"Guess so."

I hated his gloves. My line of sight automatically lowered to them. They were too white, too low on his hands, and too easy to pull off and give him free access to his quirk.

"Is this guy famous?" Magne asked no one in particular.

"In a way." I replied, a tight smile on my lips. The League didn't need to know about our history; even Tenko just knows the basics. They'll know when they need to. Overhaul looked at me again, expression unreadable. I plopped down on a metal crate beside where Mag was sitting, crossing my arms.

"You look different, Y/N." He plainly stated.

"It's Ghost, and yeah, a lot has happened. Thanks for pointing it out."

"He's Yakuza. The head of the Shie Hassaikai." Tenko murmured, cutting us off from any more tense comments.

"The Eight Precepts of Death." I heard Spinner comment the English translation to himself quietly.

"A gangster?!" Big Sis looked at me with excitement. I managed a smile back. "He has an aura of danger about him!"

Compress was quietly talking to Toga, explaining the Yakuza history, and Tenko leaned against the wall, chin up, glaring at Overhaul.

"Wait, but if you're a gangster, how come you're barely scraping by? Shouldn't you be celebrating All Might's retirement?" Magne spoke up again, her eyes narrowing.

"Nah. All For One's fall is a bigger deal." The masked man retorted. "He was the one who ruled over the underworld...like an urban legend to my generation. But people were always gossiping that he'd up and died, until he showed up in the flesh and is now locked up in Tartarus. Now both sides are leaderless. The question is-" he stared at Tenko, clenching his fist as to punctuate his words, "-who's gonna step up to lead?"

"You know, if you wanted to challenge us for the spot, you should've just said it." I pushed off where I was sitting, standing up. "You know full well who his, and my, master is."

"The next leader is me." Shimura hissed. I nodded. "I'm gathering forces day by day and expanding our operation. I'm going to use that power to annihilate the hero society."

"Gotta plan?" Kai cut in.

"Enough." I growled, but Tenko raised his hand slightly.

"Ghost, let him speak. A plan? You didn't come here to join our little gang?"

"Having a goal with no plan just makes you a daydreamer. What happens once you've fully expanded? How are you gonna use those people? These people?" He motioned to the members in the room, and I gritted my teeth, about to step forward, towards Chisaki. Magne caught my arm, and I nodded, exhaling, and sat back down. "Starting with the Hero Killer, Stain, then the murderer Muscular, and that death row inmate, Moonfish... They were all heavy hitters operating under you, but they also got beaten and caught. It's almost like you didn't know how to use them."