Chapter Seven - Y/N

En başından başla

Kuro. I thought at him from where he was downstairs. Can you warp me down there? I can't exactly walk down. Before I knew it, the gate swallowed me up and I was gently set on a stool beside Shigaraki, whose concerned look betrayed the intimidating demeanor he was portraying with Father on his face. I smiled quickly at him, ignoring the pain, and redirected my grin to the pissed-off blonde tied to a heavy wooden chair.

"Hey kiddo." I waved with the arm on my unhurt side. The TV wasn't on Audio Only as the actual news channel played, an interview with Eraserhead, Vlad King, and Nezu, the principal of UA, wrapping up.

"Why're they criticizing the heroes, huh?" Tenko asked, sliding off the stool beside me and stretching his arms wide. "Their only fault was acting too little, too late. It's their job to protect people, but everyone screws up sometimes... Why do people expect them to be perfect every time?" He chuckled, slowing his speech a little. "Heroes today sure do have it rough, huh, Bakugo?"

"The minute that protecting people earned a paycheck, heroes stopped being heroes. That is what Stain has taught us." Spinner chimed in. Tenko looked annoyed.

"Maybe not the time, fanboy." I said, holding my side as random pains coursed through it.

"Save someone, you get money and fame...sounds weird to me." Tenko continued. "And even in this rule-filled society, nobody is cheering on the losers! They're blaming them, blaming us... Our little war...is based on a few simple questions; 'What is a hero?', 'What is justice?', or maybe 'Why them?'. Once people really understand this, we've won. And I know how much you love to win, Katsuki Bakugo." He made chilling eye contact with the angry UA student. "Dabi, untie him."

"He'll go wild." Dabi replied, suspicious.

"Treat him as an equal. And Ghost, stay out of his head."

"Whatever." I sighed, pouting a little.

"Ghost, why don't you untie him?" Dabi held out the keys to the restraints expectantly.

"You blind, Dabi?" I chuckled. "I can't exactly move around at the moment. You stitched me up." He rolled his eyes, turning to Twice.

"Twice. Untie him."

"Huh, me?! No thanks!" Twice protested but continued to open the restraints anyway.

"We apologize for our...forceful methods in getting you here." Compress tilted his hat slightly. "We need you to understand that we aren't a gang, or thugs, working in 'aimless' evil. Not at all. It wasn't an accident we spirited you away."

"Everyone here has a different story to tell," I exhaled sharply at the sudden tang of pain in my side, pressing a hand to it lightly. "But we've all suffered thanks to fake heroes and...other people." Bakugo's eyes shot up to me, burning with anger as Twice finished untying him.

"We've been suffocated!" Tenko continued. "You, more than anyone, would-"

An explosion cut him short, the dust and smoke blinding me. As it cleared, I saw Bakugo's steaming palms and Father... off Tomura's face and resting on the ground near the toes of my boots.

"Tomura..." I warned, his eyes empty as he stared down at the hand on the ground by my feet, before quickly flicking up to mine and back down to the ground.

"I can't stand morons like you that can't get to the point!" Bakugo roared. "You're basically just saying, 'We wanna cause trouble, BE OUR PAL!'! What a damned joke." He forced a smile and my stomach turned as I dipped into his head despite what Tenko told me and saw that he was smiling to be strong...like All Might. "I've always admired All Might's triumphs, and nothing you jerks can say will change that! I have permission to fight back!" Explosions popped at his hands.