Unsure of My Husband

Author's note: I apologize for the month break I took. I placed a message on my board explaining why.

I do not support Pride Month nor BLM. I do not hate the people and I am not a racist. But Wattpad is supporting it and I just couldn't stand going on the app until it was all over. It's July 1st, so, as promised, I will go back to updating my stories.

I hope you enjoy the book. Thank you for your support.

Aeron

I came back to the hospital after killing them all. It was morning now, and I was exhausted.

Mr. Jasper, his daughter Elizabeth, and the woman that Erik was cheating with. I killed them all. I wanted to kill the woman's husband John Peterson, who had basically gotten me in the mess but I couldn't, he was just another client of mine. He wanted a job done so I did it. And he was being cheated on, there was no reason for him to die too. Also, placing the blame on him felt wrong. Instead, I went back and placed the blame on those that were not right. Don't focus on which one is right but which are wrong. Jasper, his daughter, and the whore.

Elizabeth introduced Heidi to Erik. Heidi cheated on John. John asked Death Dose to kill Erik. Death Dose killed Erik. Mr. Jasper wanted to kill Death Dose's wife to be even. He shot Death Dose, then his wife.

What he should have done was kill John's wife Heidi. Or John.

I killed them all. It felt so wrong but so right as I stabbed Elizabeth to death. It felt so enlightening and dark poisoning Heidi. And it was fulfilling yet regretful shooting Mr. Jasper. I was done being pushed around. And I was done being a killer. However, I'd do it all again and again if Diana was ever placed in that position again.

I sat down on my wife's bed and stroked her hair back. I rubbed her cheek with my thumb as I watched the sun cut across her tan face.

Before going to the hospital I went home and dropped everything off. I took a shower to get rid of the blood and the smell as well. I hadn't slept but I still couldn't. I was still having nightmares every night about Diana dying and the only thing that kept me sane were her dainty hands stroking themselves through my hair. And her soft voice that put me to sleep. She's safe now, now that I killed her stupid demons, but I was afraid to sleep without her. I might not have nightmares anymore, but I can't stand thinking about being apart from her.

Am I too attached to her? Am I not being clingy but possessive? Isn't that okay? Can't I be over possessive? I love her! She's all that I need in this world. I don't need anyone else but her. Her and me. Me and her. No voices, no Death Dose, and no more sadness.

Diana opened her eyes and smiled at me. I smiled back and kissed her forehead. I crawled onto her bed and she nuzzled into my chest as I placed an arm around her. She looked my clothes up and down and scrunched her nose and eyebrows.

"Why are you dressed like that?" I gave her a blank stare. I didn't want to keep anything from her. And I want her to feel safe and secure beside me.

"Diana, I did something." Her eyes went big with assumption and I grabbed her hand. I looked her in the eye and said it. "I killed them. I killed Mr. Jasper, his daughter, and Erik's slut. I said I would, and I keep my word." Diana began tearing up. "I said I would never revert back to Death Dose, my old occupation, but baby, I couldn't stand allowing monsters like Jasper to live. You survived, that meant that he might have tried to hurt you again. I didn't want to risk it." Diana began whimpering.

"Just hug me, Aaron." She whispered, so I did. With one arm already around her I embraced her with the other. She wrapped her arms around me as well. Her grip was not as tight as it could be but I knew she was tired and hurt. Literally. She was probably in a lot of physical pain because of her gunshot wound.