3

"Grandma, why are you in this empty—"

Grandma's grandchild flapped the door open to reveal a young man in his spring outfit—beige trench coat, button-up, black slacks, and in his white socks. "—room?" He was shocked to see a young lady in their house.

"Oh, this is Elizabeth Han. She's as young as you are." Grandma excitedly introduced Elizabeth to her grandchild. Grandma and Elizabeth stood up beside each other in front of the former's grandchild.

"Hello, I am Elizabeth. I am 9 hours old—" Grandma covered Elizabeth's mouth as swiftly as she could whilst trying to fake a giggle. Elizabeth, on the other hand, was surprised. "She meant 19 years old." Grandma takes her hand off Elizabeth's mouth.

"Now, Elizabeth, this is Chanyeol, my grandson." Elizabeth formally thrusted her right hand out, ready for a shake. "Nice to meet you, Chanyeol." The 6-foot tall young man only looked down on Elizabeth's right hand. "Why are you here?"

"Park Chanyeol! Why are you so rude to your new housemate?" Grandma exclaimed.

"Hold on! Grandma! New housemate? You mean she's staying here with us?" Chanyeol quite bellowed, questioning his grandmother's sudden announcement.

"Of course."

"What? No! I don't want any other female housemate besides you, Grandma." Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows whilst Grandma went closer to him and pinched his right ear. "Oh! Come here, you punk! I've always taught you about manners, boy!"

Chanyeol only winced in pain while being dragged out of the room by his ear.

Elizabeth was confused as to what was happening. She decided to close the door and lay back on the bed with her eyes closed.

"Mother, Father..."

"I understand that you are always beside me, guiding me."

"Mother, I hope it made you happy that I am an adult. I did what I have understood from what you established on me."

"Father, I am aware of who you are. I will always pray to you, wherever you may be."

"Elizabeth?" Three knocks on the door got her back in reality. Elizabeth sat back up while Grandma opened the entrance to the room. The young girl showed an inquisitive expression. "Dinner will be ready soon. You should wash up, then change to more comfortable clothes." Grandma slightly demonstrated how to wash by rubbing her arms with her hands.

Elizabeth only nodded to show affirmation. The door closed once again, and she stood up and looked around her room—trying to figure out where exactly can she wash up. She didn't seem to know where the place is so she walked out of her room.

"Grandma... where can I wash?" Grandma smiled and led her to the bathroom.

"Can't she read? There's a big sign on the door that says 'bathroom'." Grandma glared at Chanyeol who gave a side comment while cutting the vegetables.

Elizabeth stopped on her steps to the bathroom, turned around—pouting, and said very apologetically, "I apologize for being like this. I have not done this before." Both Chanyeol and Grandma were surprised at how sensitive she became all of a sudden and how crazy that last sentence was. 'Never done taking a bath before?' Elizabeth then entered the bathroom and closed the door.

Grandma spoke to Elizabeth through the thin bathroom door. "Elizabeth dear. Do you have a towel with you?"

"Yes, Grandma."

"Is it big enough to wrap around your body?" Grandma asked again.

"Yes, Grandma."

"Okay. Make sure to dry yourself with it and cover your body with it, okay?"