1

At exactly 8 o' clock in the morning on the 4th of April year 2015, a woman gave birth to a girl that resulted to the woman's own death.

It was a very tranquil chilly morning that left a naked girl in the corner of the room. The scared girl stood up and looked around the room only to see the clothes her mother used to wear. All that's left were her mother's ashes and clothes. It was a rather bizarre birth and death. No blood from giving birth, nor remains of the demised.

The young girl walked out of the shelter feeling curious, clueless, naïve, scared, and naked.

Walking through the neighbourhood of modern in the early morning, many people, especially men enjoyed the sight of a naked porcelain-skinned young woman strolling, even shamelessly took photos of her. She was caught by an old woman and quickly covered her with a huge blanket which surprised the young girl. "Oh dear, why are you naked? You shouldn't walk around like this."

Not knowing what to do, the young girl only showed a confused expression and the old woman giggled. "I'm sorry. Did I scare you? Let me help you." The old woman guided the young girl to the former's warm house.

They both entered and the young girl continued to show a curious expression—looking around the house. "Let me get you some hot tea." The young girl sat down and patiently waited for the old woman.

"Here you go." The old woman placed a tea set on the short table. The young girl appeared having no idea what to do with it so the old woman cared to pour the tea into the small cup. "Here, take a sip so you'll feel better."

The young girl took the cup very gingerly and had a sip as told. Her eyes glistened in delight and childishly asked for more. The old woman smiled at the sight and did give her more. Later when she finished her tea, the old woman started a conversation.
"Darling, what's your name?"

The young girl's eyes shook in panic before having an idea what to say. "Elizabeth."
"Oh, an English name? Are you from America?" Elizabeth's brows furrowed in cluelessness again.

"Oh, maybe not." Old woman looked quite apologetic. "Where are your parents?" She asked another.

"Dead." Soullessly spoken while sipping on the last of her tea. The old woman was confused why it seemed to have not affected her. The old woman cleared her throat and spoke again. "I-I'm sorry about that. Do you live nearby?" Elizabeth shook her head.

"Then... where do you live?"  Elizabeth looked at the old woman very intently as she tries to remember where. The old woman's brows lifted on her.

Elizabeth's eyes stared in front of her as a gush of memory streamed into her mind. As if it were a flashback seeing their old house in the middle of the woods despite having never been there physically as she was not yet been given birth.

"In the middle of the woods. Up North."

"N-North?" The old woman was confused. No particular city or town was mentioned.

"Yes."

"Oh." The old woman only said. "Now, if you have nowhere else to stay, you can stay with us. I will take care of you."

"I can stay?" Her eyes sparkled at the thought of staying with someone. "Of course." The old woman smiled and Elizabeth only smiled back, but brighter.

The old woman stood up and Elizabeth did as well. "Now that you're staying with us, you're going to have to call me 'grandma'."

"Grandma..."

"That's right. Grandma." She giggled. "All right, let's get you settled in a nice room then we'll buy you some nice clothes in the market." Elizabeth nodded while Grandma was excited to show her the ways and what to do.

Grandma opened the door to a vacant bedroom. "So, this will be your room. It isn't much but I hope this will do."

Elizabeth tenderly made her steps into the room whilst looking around.

"Is it all right?" Grandma asked from the doorway and Elizabeth turned her head to show a nod. "Goodie! Now, my room is just next to yours and right across is my grandchild's room."

"A Grandchild?"