Chapter 7

i don't own One Piece or it's characters :)

Zoro's POV

Robin woke up with a start, sitting up and letting out a yawn, raising her arms above her head. I looked up from my spot near the back of the boat, lounging next to my body and counting the stars through the window and looking at Robin every now and then, her sleeping face was so cute. I had tried to sleep but it seemed in this ghostly state i wasn't allowed to.

The historian blinked the sleep from her eyes, staring with lazy vision at the radar and sonar devices built into our simple vessel. Confirming to the best of her knowledge that we were in fact on course.

She turned her attention to me, or the physical me anyway. I had begun to notice a bad sign because i had developed a sense of difference between the physical world and the spirit realm, i was losing myself mentally and before long i wouldn't know anything. Already i'm having trouble remembering Kuina's face. A few minutes and i might forget her completely. The thought of losing my memories scared me! I wrapped my arms around my knees as if that would sustain my memory longer. How long until i forget my crew, my friends? How long until i forget ROBIN?!!! I hate even the thought of forgetting her! "This can't happen, this can't happen!" I was muttering to myself when Robin's movement caught my attention.

Robin shuffled around Sanji's snoring form, and Nami who was propped up against the far wall, her head bowed over her chest in slumber, looking very peaceful. Robin did her best not to disturb them as she situated herself next to my corpse. I scooted over to accommodate the extra room. I didn't feel like overshadowing anyone.

"Hello kenshi-san," she began. 

"Before Enies lobby i always wondered, did you like being referred to as that? you know i was really happy when i found out that you were the one who got the key to my sea prism stone handcuffs, I had started to fall for you the moment i laid my eyes on you and when you were finally accepting me it made me so happy that i can't even explain it! After Enies Lobby i started calling everyone by their names instead of the nicknames i had given them, but i would call you "Kenshi-san" occasionally on purpose, i actually liked to call you like that! It gave me a sense of possession over you!"

After that Robin was silent for a while, and i mulled over what she said for a while. 

No i didn't really like being referred to simply as "Swordsman-san", but i wasn't going to object it at that time since i didn't fully trust you back then, until i learned that you had actually scarified yourself for our sake! After that my distrust of you was gone and i let the feelings that i had started to develop for you since the first time you came onboard our ship come to light and the rest is history!

After that i actually kinda liked being called "Kenshi-san" By you!

After a while Robin broke the silence and called me "Zoro," But i still like it a lot more when you call me by my name. "Wouldn't it be stranger if you are a ghost and are listening to everything we're saying? that would be interesting, wouldn't it?"

I almost stopped breathing, not that it would have mattered anyway. It was like she knew i really was there, or her guessing skills were ridiculously accurate. She was looking at me and not my corpse! a chill crept down my spine!

Robin was silent again for a while, so long that i thought she had fallen asleep again. A rising sun forced its way through the glass, breaking into a tiny rainbow dancing across the back of her hand. She still wore her outfit from thriller bark, as did most of the crew, but her ragged appearance just made her that much more beautiful.