49 | Prisoner

Round 5

December 30th, 2019

A vacation for Anthony was much needed and deserved

A vacation for Anthony was much needed and deserved. It's been a long and trying year. And winter's the perfect time to escape the cold weather for fun in the sun. So with his family and friends, he found himself in Barbados.

Anthony looks up from the book he's reading in the lounge chair placed on the beach. Grey clouds pass by the sky as people play in the turquoise waters of the calm sea. His son, Joseph, sits directly in front of him playing in the white sands.

Between his friends and family along with Abella's, he can't even keep count of who all came on the trip. They rented a villa and plan to be here for the next week and a half.

He brushes sand out of his son's hair that needs to be re-braided as Odera runs across the beach. Odee stops then squats down holding his arms out as his wife is some distance away helping their son stand.

When she lets go Masego falls right to the sand when they're trying to get him to walk now that he's 9 months old. When Masego bursts into tears Odera shakes his head then looks at Anthony who he noticed watching before they share a laugh.

"Come on, man," Odee comments going to pick his son up. Anthony's face fades into a dismal smile before sighing. You think you get over something, but then you get reminded...

He looks around the beach seeing all the kids playing and running around prompting him to ask his son, "Do you want to go play with the other kids?"

"No, not right now," JJ answers without even thinking about it. Anthony chuckles because he's so much like him. Sometimes he just doesn't want to be bothered with anyone's company.

Once again his eyes scan the beach looking for Abella. She said she had to get something from the villa, but she's not back yet. His eyes then land on Errol who's playing with his two daughters and son along with Valore.