33 | Mine

Round 3

August 12th, 2019

As Dangote by Burna Boy plays loudly throughout the boxing gym, Anthony sits on the edge of the boxing ring lacing up his boxing boots

As Dangote by Burna Boy plays loudly throughout the boxing gym, Anthony sits on the edge of the boxing ring lacing up his boxing boots. He sings along to the song unknowingly wearing a wide smile that has his best friend, David, looking at him with curiosity.

"Man been happy as hell all day," KD comments while leaning up against the boxing ring.

Anthony looks up realizing he's taking about him so he responds, "What's there not to be happy about? Training's going as planned. I'm looking and feeling good. Abella's coming back in town today. I got Natalie off my back, I have my son more, and I don't have to pay child maintenance anymore."

"Finessed the system that's setup against us. I don't know how he did it," Gbenga says shaking his head.

"A good and convincing lawyer," he points at his cousin.

Anthony's so glad they were able to get everything wrapped up and it didn't drag along. Granted it only happened this way because Natalie couldn't afford the expensive lawyer fees, but he doesn't feel bad at all. He gave her plenty of opportunities to act right and warned her court was a threat.

On top of getting equal custody and not having to pay money monthly, Anthony's name got cleared of the asinine abuse allegations she made. They could finally release the court documents for blogs to 'find' them and post them. That meant text messages from Natalie. The one that cleared his name of being an 'abuser' was Natalie apologizing for going to that blog and lying, while begging him not take her to court over Joseph.

He won...

Anthony's snapped out of his thoughts by Ben asking, "Abella's coming today?"

He nods his head. "Actually, what time is it? Janet's supposed to be picking her up for me because I have to train." When Ben tells him the time he adds, "She should've landed by now." He unconsciously smile while loosening the laces on the next boot.