54 | Break

Round 6: Forgiveness

March 14th, 2020

Anthony looks out of the window as they drive along a highway in Nigeria

Anthony looks out of the window as they drive along a highway in Nigeria. He sits on the second row of a car occupied by a driver, Gbenga, David, Joseph, and Angel. After his first visit in August, he really wanted to bring his son for the first time.

He had been to Nigeria so many times as a child, but there was something different about the last trip. He absorbed all that energy then output it. The first time he came was after the loss and this time he wanted to come back after winning the belts back.

When he came with Abella a lot of things were unplanned, so this time went to the places he didn't have the chance to. That's includes to see his father.

When they pull up to his father's home they all get out and Anthony does a long stretch. Hearing the car pull up his father steps out of the home greeting them. He daps his father pulling into a hug as they embrace.

"There's no place like home," Robert greets him with a back pat before they all enter the home.

The first thing that happens is his father's wife offering food. There's no way you're going to a Nigerian home and not getting fed. It doesn't take Anthony long to finish his food, but he remains sitting at the table with his son.

He chuckles at Joseph tearing a piece of chicken up before looking at his phone. He watches people's stories on Instagram when he ends up Odera's.

He's posting about how Abella's album, Lotanna, is over a year old now and is still on the charts with 50+ consecutive weeks. He's hit with another reminder of her despite the fact he blocked Abella on everything.

From her numbers and all her social media platforms. Not because she was trying to get in contact or she's even posting while in rehab, but he didn't want to be tempted to go to her page and look.

He exits the story sitting his phone on the table. For the past month Anthony has had time to reflect on everything that happened.

He questioned why he didn't walk away like he said he would.. Also, why he didn't uphold the boundaries he set. It's easy to say he loved her too much, but it's deeper than that.