"I told him my dragon would be able to handle her and to that he laughed at me. He told me that if I was lucky I would be killed quickly and that one day this monster of a girl would be able to destroy whole kingdoms. That's why she needed to die... I'm starting to feel like that man really was crazy to have made me give up my dragon for a weakling like you." Grabbing hold of Morgianna's chin roughly she pulled their faces closer. Morgianna could feel her breath on her face but she kept her eyes closed, the pain she felt all over her body making her light-headed.

"Open your eyes and watch as Fafnir takes his last breath." Sora jerked Morgiannas head to the side until she was facing the direction Fafnir still struggled in.

With reluctance Morgianna opened her eyes. At first just a slit, the bright lights seeming to burn, but after seeing the position Fafnir was in she opened her eyes wide. "Fafnir!" His name came out if her throat in a gargled mess. Somewhere along the way Sora had broken her rib and she knew there was blood in her lungs. As a partial vampire it wasn't enough to kill her, but it still hurt horribly.

She struggled against Sora's hold but had no strength left in her body. She clenched her fists at her side glaring down at the floor. She had hoped to be saved by Fafnir but in the end they were not strong enough.

'You are filled with so much power yet you fight against yourself. Release it.'

The voice in her head almost made her jump. She had not heard it in such a long time she had almost forgotten what it sounded like. 'I turn into a monster when I use that much power.'

The voice in her mind scoffed. 'As opposed to dying would you rather live as that monster long enough to be pulled back into the light or die before you finish what you started? You have lived in this world for 12 years...but I guess you are ready to give up."

Morgianna gritted her teeth but she knew what needed to be done. She closed her eyes and felt the energy around her, and then delved deep into herself unlocking that part of herself she had tried to keep bound.

Sora felt the shift in the air and her blood froze. She had been watching Fafnir with glee and had not paid attention to the girl in her arms figuring she was half dead anyway. However, now she couldn't take her eyes off of her. Right before her eyes she watched as each cut she had made earlier healed at an alarming rate. It was like Morgianna was surrounded by a golden light, her eyes closed and head bowed. She did not pay attention as Sora scrambled backward, tripping over her dress in her haste to put distance between them.

As the light faded Morgianna opened her eyes causing Sora fo gasp. They were glowing brightly the red looking like a ruby gem while the other looked like molten gold. When they focused on her and Sora felt her heart palpitate at an alarming rate, as if it were going to beat out of her chest

Slowly Morgianna turned her head towards where Fafnir and Gerard were and frowned. She raised her hand and winds picked up around her. The flowers that hadn't been blown away during their fight danced through the air as she pulled Gerard towards her as if he weighed nothing. Sora was shaking as she watched the emotionless girl conducting the wind as if it were her own personal symphony.

Backing away slowly Sora never removed her eyes from Morgianna. Her knees we're wobbly yet she still forced one leg in front of the other as she tried to escape unnoticed.

"Tut tut, I thought this thing was the love of your life, yet you so readily would abandon him to save your own skin." Morgianna had not even looked in her direction but Sora knew she had been caught. In a last-ditch effort she turned and tried to run. The door was only 10 feet away, 7, 5, 3... She had reached out, her fingertips brushing against the cool metal when she felt her body jerked backwards.

Sora turned her wide frightened eyes to the source of the power and saw that Morgianna had walked to where the throne sat broken.  She trailed her hands along the cracked structure her eyes not even looking at the tornado she had created. "Was the throne worth it? Was the death and destruction of more than one life worth the pain you are feeling now?" Morgianna raised her head allowing her eyes to lock onto Sora's. All around them strong winds cut through the space, thorny flowers cutting Sora and Gerard as they sat suspended in the middle of the room.

"No." The word came out broken. Sora had not even meant to answer yet answer she did. As she looked at Morgianna she truly did understand why the man would call her a monster. She had been warned to kill quickly yet she had underestimated her opponent, her mind too focused on how sweet revenge would taste.

Morgianna was nodding her head as if agreeing to something only she could hear. "Very well. Then Sora, for the crimes you have committed I sentence you to death. Do not worry though, you will finally get your wish to be with your beloved... Forever." As Morgianna finished speaking she raised both hands and then slowly started to bring them together.

Sora felt the air around her shift as it started to become harder to breathe. Her body grew closer and closer to Gerards until it became painful. She wanted to cry out yet no sound escaped her lips. She looked one last time towards Morgianna and knew this was to become her fate, crushed to death beside the one she had done all this for. She closed her eyes and let that be her last thought.

Morgianna watched unflinchingly as her winds turned two bodies into one unidentifiable object. She felt nothing, an empty hollow feeling deep within her soul.

A touch on her shoulder almost made her jump. Her eyes finally looking away from the scene in front of her they locked on Fafnir's concerned face. No words were spoken as he picked her up and placed her head on his chest. He knew without asking that what she had done would affect her later.

As he began walking Morgianna let her eyes roam lazily around the room before they locked on a person she somehow knew would be there. Death stood amongst the destruction she had wrought upon the place with a look that made her breathing almost stop. He looked at her with a look that screamed sadness and pity. That one look was louder than words, the blackness on her soul would grow because of today.

Sora spoke of the sacrifices she had made. The dragon she had given up for power, her love being undead, and probably many others but in the end her biggest sacrifice was her own life and all those she had used to get where she was that day. Even Morgianna did not get through the day without some sort of sacrifice, her soul taking the brunt of her actions.

Morgianna looked away from Death, allowing Fafnir to carry her away. Away from her problems if only for a moment. She closed her eyes letting sleep pull her under and prayed that the nightmares could be chased away.

_________________________________________
Word count before note: 2010

Should I change the cover for the story? If so would anyone be interested in making one?

Should I go back and rewrite the first couple of chapters so they match POV with the rest of the story?

Also I have not introduced who the "he" is that Sora spoke of, but he will later play a big part.  I am sorry it has taken so long to post another chapter, I am officially done with the semester though!

Don't forget to like and comment! ❤