Chapter 1

I am currently walking through the hallways to get to the library before the school closes down for the winter break. I want to borrow a book or two for the break.
When I reaches the library, I head off to the fantasy section immediately. I know that with my background, fantasy novels shouldn't be that interesting giving how fake and unrealistic most of them are (sorry to spill the tea, but werewolves, vampires and fairies only exist in books and in the fantasy). But yet I don't seem to leave them alone - I actually like the thought of a world they give me, a world where I wouldn't need to hide from the Dark Wings..

I get so lost in the books and looking on them that I don't register that everyone has left the school. When I leave the library the hallways are completely empty. My senses aren't fully developed, but I can sense something to be completely wrong. I feel somehow trapped. But.. But that can't be it, they can't have forgotten to check for students hiding right? Right?
I feel anxious when goin for the front door. To get out. Because it can't be closed. They can't have forgotten about me. I almost reach the door to try opening it when I hear someone talking.
"Don't bother trying. It's locked"
Okay. I really start to panic now. I'm not sure who said it, but I try reaching for the door anyways. It's locked. Just like the voice said. No, not voice - person said. I turn around to see who said it and I see him. Josh Sollen. "I told you it were locked. All the doors are," he says.
"No no no no no no no no no," I feel the panic starting to rise. It's not like I fear small rooms, but at fear being locked in and not able to get out. We are standing in the big hall that is around two floors high with windows under the ceiling. If only I could reach them without him seeing me flying.. But it's not like I can tell him to go somewhere else so that I could get out. Gosh I feel the panic starting to fight for overtake. What did mom always say? 'control your sudden panic by first of all taking long and deep breaths. Next find some water to both drink and splash in your head. Don't let the panic take over - especially not in front of humans'. I start to try do the breath-thing, but I've never really learned how to control my breath properly. I start to hyperventilate.

———————————————
Hey 💕
This is my first ever (well technically second, but first to be published) story on Wattpad 💕
Please throw a comment if you find any mistakes 😂😅
~Ageans