Chapter 12: Preparing for Nationals

In Lake Tahoe, which is a freshwater lake that was on the border of California and Nevada west of Carson City, a town in nevada and in the south portion of Lake Tahoe, which is in California and it was a few feet from the border of California and Nevada, there was a hotel called The Grand Residences by Marriott and in a room on the fourth floor that was around 1,150 square feet and it had a two bedrooms, a living room that had a sofa bed, three bathrooms, a flat screen TV with a fireplace below it. Also, there was a dining room, a kitchen that had a refrigerator, stovetop, oven, microwave, dishwasher, cleaning supplies and silverware. Also, there was a bathroom that had a toilet and it had a balcone with a view of the Pool.

And in the grand master bedroom, which had a bed, lamp, fireplace and TV and a closet, Shane was seen coming from taking a shower and entered the bedroom since he had been booked in the hotel room, he put on a a tanktop and trackpants with slip on sandals on his feet and also in the room with him were Lauren and Skye and they had just woken up. They were also staying in the room with him.

"Hey, bro." Lauren and Skye greeted their older brother.

"Hey, Lauren. Hey, Skye." Shane replied.

"This is the week of your last ever competition as a competitive dancer." Skye commented.

"Yeah, it seemed like yesterday when mom began teaching me how to dance." Shane reminisced, then a knock was heard. "That's gotta be mom."

Shane went to the door, he looked through they keyhole and saw that it was Abby, he then opened the door.

"Hi, sweethearts." Abby greeted as she hugged Shane, then Skye and Lauren hugged her too.

"Hi, mom." Skye and Lauren replied.

"How's grandma?" Shane asked.

"She's doing much better, they got rid of the blockage. She's gotta get some rest and she'll be feeling better in no time." Abby informed.

"That's great to know." Lauren stated.

"Shane, i can tell you're ready to rehearse for your very last competition as a competitive dancer. I remember when i began teaching you when you were two and look at you, you've become an accomplished dancer." Abby said, her eyes welling with tears as Shane wiped them.

"And it's all thanks to you." Shane gratefully told Abby.

"We've learned from you too, Bro." Skye commented.

"They sure have." Abby stated.

"Mom, we'll get ready and then we'll roll." Lauren stated.

"All right." Abby told them as Lauren and Skye got ready and put on some clothes, then the Millers walked down the hallway and headed towards the elevator, Shane pushed a button and seconds later, the elevator arrived, they got on and it took them to the lobby. They all headed to the exit and got in a taxi van.

Six minutes later, they arrived a dance studio that was called Forever Dance Lake Tahoe, which was where they were gonna rehearse for nationals. Abby and her kids got out of the taxi van, got their things that were going to be needed for rehearsals, they went in the building and walked into the largest studio room and they got things ready and minutes later, Gianna, Megan, Sylvia, the girls and moms all arrived.

"All right, here we are in another studio and you know it's a whole new week and you have to learn a group. It's gonne be tough and we've gotta do this today. Let's talk about the past two weeks, i've been telling all of you that you've been given an amazing oppourtunity, you have been hand selected to go across the country and do these competitions that we have been going to, but you haven't stepped up to the plate. If you don't wanna do it, i bet there are a hundred kids or more that's willing to be in your shoes. We've got to see motivation and want you to win, it's my name and reputation that is on the line and also, your names are on the line." Abby said and pyramid was done. "Megan, you can give the assignments out this time."

"Maddie, you'll not only do a solo, which is named Manhattan, but you'll be doing a duet with Chloe called Black Swan. Chloe, you'll be doing a solo and Shane, since this is gonna be your last competition as a competitive dancer, you'll have a solo too, which is named Learning To Fly, based off of the Tom Petty song. Also, Brooke, Paige, you two will be doing a duet and we all want you to work together as friends, we don't want to fight as sisters, even though that's been seen a lot and be sure to not waste time and everybody will be in the group even Brookie and Mackenzie, you're all the important parts of the that puzzle and you have to pull your own weight and we need to win. All right let's get to rehearsal." Megan stated.

The girls all began to get ready for the group rehearsal, which is known as This Is My Beauty and the moms all went outside as the girls began their rehearsal and Shane was in a different room rehearsing his last solo.

"It's really nice outside." Kelly informed.

"To be honest, i feel bad about coming outside as the girls are still inside the studio." Holly told them.

"Those poor kids, but i'll admit, it's pretty here." Christi said.

"We know everybody sucked, which was the message from Abby and Shane and they need the girls to step up to the plate and work together like a well-oiled team." Hollie commented.

"Everyone, just to let you know, i'm going on vacation to Florida without the girls with Greg. I'm leaving them here with Abby. I know i'm gonna miss the Nationals competition, but i just need to get away." Melissa announced.

"Make sure you get plenty of sunscreen so you can avoid getting a sunburn." Christi advised. "We'll record the competition so you can see how the girls did and maybe you'll be in tears if Shane wins his very last competition."

"I'm pretty sure i will, that would be going out with a bang."

Gianna then poked her head out of the door.

"Ladies, Abby needs you to come in and watch rehearsal, we know that it's out and all, but we need you to to be in the studio." Gianna told them. The moms all got up and went back in the studio and now, Chloe was rehearsing her solo, which was called Another Season. Chloe did the moves really well and she did well.

The next morning, Maddie and Chloe's duet was rehearsed and they were doing well working together and then the dances for that day was done and tomorrow would be their off day from rehearsals and the day after, which would be the day before Nationals, the rehearsals would resume.

(Shane's costume for Learning To Fly: Sequined zip up vest, Sequined Guy's Pants)