Chapter 9: Thunderstruck in Las Vegas

The next morning, everybody was at the Fern Adair Conservatory of the Arts, which is a dance studio that they would be rehearsing in.

"Welcome to Las Vegas!" Abby told the girls and their moms.

"All right, before we get started with assignments, here's something we've got to inform you about. Vivi and Cathy left the team after our previous competition, Shane came up with the idea to have a replacement take her spot for the remainder of this season and the replacement will be..." Shane revealed the covered photo and it turned out to be the headshot of a girl with brown hair and brown eyes that was around 7. "Brooke Kosinski aka Brookie and her mother Hollie!"

The girls cheered as Brookie walked in and Mackenzie was so happy to have her best friend on the team as Brookie's mother, Hollie walked in as well and stood with the moms.

"Kenzie!" Brookie exclaimed as she and Mackenzie hugged.

"Hey, Brookie!" Mackenzie stated, then Brookie and Hollie were introduced to Megan and Sylvia.

"All right, now we got that out of the way, let's get to pyramid." Abby began by revealing Vivi-Anne's picture and it had a red circle and line. "Vivi-Anne, not here because her mother was quite clear that they weren't coming to Vegas with us, Vivi-Anne is gonna suffer because of that. Her mother didn't want to follow the rules i laid, so here's some advice for all of you and your mothers, if you don't follow the rules and don't give me 100%, i will remove your routine from the competition."

"Cathy's a bird brain that hasn't left the cage." Shane commented and everybody laughed, including Abby.

Abby unveiled the next photo, which was Mackenzie's headshot. "Mackenzie, i'm sorry you lost your original duet partner, but thankfully with Brookie here, you'll be able to do the duet for next week, so i want you and Brookie to sit this one out. However, i want you to practice all the jumps."

"Got it." Mackenzie stated.

Brooke's headshot was revealed next and it was on the middle row. "Brooke, you haven't been winning lately and despite your performance in last week's group being a disaster, you've been talking about being in Cirque since you were little, somebody from Cirque will be judging you, so you'll be doing a solo."

Brooke nodded.

"Next is Nia." Abby revealed Nia's headshot. "Last week back home in Chicago, you finally won your category despite your mother's griping, i hope your mother trusts me now and does not question my every move. It is what you do on stage that matters. This week, you'll be getting another solo and i expect you to win."

"Gotcha." Nia stated.

"And on top we have... Paige." Paige's headshot was revealed. "You did a great job, you need to bring it more and you've got the look, so therefore, you have a solo and like Brooke, this is your city and we know Shane's got a solo too. Maddie, Chloe, you both have the week off from solos, but you two will be in the group dance no ifs, ands, buts or maybes. Shane, how about you explain what the theme is for the group dance?"

"All right, where are we at?" Shane asked.

"Las Vegas!" The girls replied.

"Does anyone know another name that they call this city?"

Brooke raised her hand. "Sin City."

"She got it! The concept of contemporary dance is Sin City, but i'll be called Sinful, all right, let's begin, moms, you're dismissed and girls, put your bags away. We've got a competition to prepare for." The girls all put their bags away and Shane went into another room with Gianna and Sylvia helping him with his routine as Abby was helping the girls with their group dance.

They rehearsed through that week and Paige's solo was called Tongue Twister, Nia's solo was called Missing You and Brooke's solo was called Metamorphosis and Shane's solo was called Push It To The Limit and Abby took Shane, Megan, Sylvia and the girls out for ice cream and in Shane's hotel room the day before the competition, Kelly came by and she got into an argument with Abby and Shane, accusing them of setting Paige up to fail.

(Shane's solo for Push It To The Limit: white suit jacket, red button down shirt and white pants)

At the Thunderstruck competition, the girls got 7th and Kelly got into another argument with Abby and as a result, Abby had no choice but to pull Paige's solo, Brooke got third and during her solo, her shoulder popped out, Nia didn't place and Shane got first place, then they were on their way to Los Angeles.