Chapter 6: Brandon Volts and The Church (1)

Start from the beginning

"Haha, hahaha." Arthur just scratched his head a bit.

"..." Alex watched as the empty laughter grew.

"Hahaha, hahahahaha."

"Don't think you can cover this up by repeating frickin' 'Ha' a bunch of times!" Alex couldn't stand Arthur's monotonous laughter and slapped him on the back... which hurt his own hand like hell!

He gritted his teeth and glared before asking:

"The heck is wrong with your body? Does it have to do with that 'God Physique' stat?" Alex inquired about it with narrowed eyes... only to be greeted by more monotonous laughter and a stupid expression that seemed to think he's a wondrous topic changer.

Alex's angered face looked like this: (╬ಠ益ಠ)

There was a vein popping on his forehead

Imagining boxing this meathead up like a sandbag.

It was a good thing he was patient...

In his own personal opinion, at least.

Triggered, Alex was just about beat this idiot for making him look like dumbass, but he was able to stop himself... looking over Arthur's demeanour in retrospect to figure out that something must've happened that the youth didn't want him to know.

"...Forget it." The vein on Alex's forehead was gone.

He decided to be less emotional.

Only a complete meathead like Arthur could trigger this normally rational and young scholar of magic without getting beaten down by him. Don't look down on probably the only real 'Rune User' on Gaia!

"Hey, I remember seeing 'that guy'." Arthur, the burly young man, properly tried diverting the topic this time. It was hard to say if he was being purposefully vague to provoke a reaction or not.

"What guy?" Alex went along with it.

"Forgot his name again." Arthur squinted a little.

"Describe him." Alex went step-by-step to discovery.

"That clean-freak 'Grand Hero'- Urgh... Teach'!"

"...You mean our teacher, right?" There was only one person called the grandest of heroes in any generation existing on Gaia. At least, that's what the church was preaching and telling everyone about.

He was the mentor figure that 'survived' their last adventure and one of the five heroes that the cultist was talking about. You could say that he was pretty beloved... as the 'Head Knight' leading 'The Order' formed with holy knights at their core.

"You want to meet him, right?" Arthur knew what his friend really wanted all this time. From the two of them, Alex was the one who had a deeper relationship with the person who taught them.

"Meet him...? Of course I want to meet him."

"I knew you would~" Arthur gave him a knowing smile before snickering to himself, then he spoke deliberately. His tone was so unpleasant that it could make anyone think he was scheming something:

"Shall we give him a good 'greeting'?" Arthur sighed.

"Rainglow style or Stuman style?" Alex wanted to make sure they were on the same page here. They were going to do this together, so it would be better to make sure they shared the responsibility too.

"Is there a difference?" Arthur scratched his head after knowing they were on the same wavelength about this. There was no need for words. They both wanted to at least hit that uptight guy at least once.