3. Where are we?

There were two clearly defined elements one could observe at the time. The one was a sense of complete disorientation and the other a massive quantity of colors. Both these things helped distort the moon's and the boat's reality like never before. Still, they continued getting mentally closer and closer, talking about things they were not used to talk about and being perhaps more open than usual. This surprised them both but it was the environment which played a pivotal role in rendering the scene more plausible than usual. They were now surrounded by stars and colors and sounds that would have turned the hardest person into the most sensitive one. Nature was doing its best to help them.

What made a considerable difference was that for the first time, they actually started getting closer to each other physically, the boat resting on the side of the moon and the moon getting ever closer to the boat. As it happens, they both ignored at the time that in order to reach this point and finally get truly close, they both had to make a distinct move towards one another, effectively starting to be suspended in the empty void of space between earth and the moon's natural position. And they really were suspended in the emptiness of space. The moon was not used to this and was inevitably going to start feeling dizzy, not being grounded in the open air.

Eventually the uncertainty of being suspended was no longer an issue. They were together and the matter simply did not count any longer for either of them. The boat would feel the moon's surface and the moon would stand still next to it. Both were enjoying being next to each other more than anything else. Inevitably a sentiment of "too good to be true" presented itself and it did so taking the form of time. Time was going to be short and they both would have to hurry up with their exchanges. The moon, eager to make use of the shortage of time wanted to but did not try to rush things initially, but then quickly changed its mind. At the other end, the boat was becoming more and more aware of the time issue and felt like beginning to carry an anchor on its back. The result was as predictable as it could have been.