Chapter 18 - Cabbage

Start from the beginning

"James wait, Heechul oppa is calling me outside, don't go we'll be back okay?" Yuri said to him.

"Okay.."

.

.

After a minute James heard something on the other side, it looks like there are people talking, until..

"James!"

"aigoo noona, you startled me.." he said.

"haha mianhae." Yuri apologizes, "Since my promise is probably delayed for awhile, I'll have something else for you in the mean time.." she added.

"Eh?"

"Heechul oppa said you like her too, so we will let you talk to her.. don't be shy okay? Ready.. I'll give her the phone now.." Yuri then passes the phone to that person.."

.

.

"annyeong..."

James' heart stopped for a moment, with just one word he already knew who it was. He haven't met that person but the voice is very familiar. He froze in the middle of the sidewalk, the falling autumn leaves and everything else around him slows down. He can loudly hear the beat of his heart..

"..uh.. annyeong?..." the person on the other side of the phone speaks again.

It took him a couple more seconds before he snapped back from reality and finally able to speak..

"eh!.. annyeong!.. um.. who is this?" James plays dumb even though he is sure who the person is.

"Irene.." she replies,

"C-Cabbage?.. I-I mean, Irene? Red Velvet?" he cannot speak properly now that he confirms that it is really Irene.

"uh.. Yes.." Irene let out a small laugh.

"wah.. are you really Irene?" James still cannot believe that he is talking to the leader of Red Velvet.

"Yes.. it's really me. Why?" Irene asks. "..just making sure Heechul hyung and Yuri noona is not pranking me.." he replied.

"ahh.. don't worry they are not. By the way I heard from Heechul oppa that you like Red Velvet is that right?" Irene asked him.

"Yes, I like you........, eh?... what?! No!.. I mean yes I like you! No wait! I-I mean.. I like Red.. no, you!... ani ani, I mean Velvet. wait no... *sighs*...... Yes, yes he is right.." James facepalmed himself out of embarrassment.

"Araseo~ Thank you.." Irene giggles. "I'm actually also a fan of yours" she added.

"Eh? You know me?"

"Yeah, I watched videos of your stand up also you're a part of Knowing brothers. And Heechul oppa told me a lot of things about you." Irene explains.

"uh.. wow.. thank you" James is surprised to hear that Irene knows him.

"I hope we can meet one of these days.." Irene said to him, "Me too.. I-uh.. I hope too.." he replied. "We have a busy schedule but I'll find way so we can meet. hmm, ani next week will not work too.." Irene keeps on thinking if they have some free time in between of their busy schedule.

"D-don't worry.. I'm pretty sure you will be tired so if there will be a spare time use it so you can rest instead. I can wait.." James said to her.

Irene was surprised on what he said.. "Oh.. that's kind of you. I promise to work around our schedule so we can meet. Umm, for the mean time I will get your number from Heechul oppa so we can keep in touch".