Chapter 10 - Forbidden

Chapter 10

Volturi Guards? What was that? "Please, Aro," Carlisle pleaded. "She's under my care, she's just a half-vampire, just like the theory we declared years ago. She's newly-turned, she deserves a better life," Theory we declared years ago? Was Carlisle one of the Volturi plenty of years ago? Maybe. I didn't know that many things about them yet.

"And she's already friends with a werewolf?" Aro said. "Well, we should make her life more interesting." Aro then turned to look at me. "So, I'm giving you a choice," he slowly said, emphasizing each troubling word, "It's either you join us, o—"

"Or what?" I asked, obviously hearing the anxious tone hiding beneath my voice.

"Or I'll kill the werewolf," he grinned.

"Wait A—" Esme said but she was immediately cut short with Aro's glare.

"So, choose," he turned back his attention to me ang grinned widely than he did earlier. I turned to look at a frowning Seth. He was looking at me with pleading eyes. He was telling me to not join the Volturi and let them kill him. I glared at him, signaling that he was stupid and why would I want them to kill him? He imprinted on me. I was his imprintee, I was his and he's mine. Why would I want him to die? I lost my family, even if I just knew him for a short period of time, I couldn't bear the thought of losing him too.

I then looked at the vampires inside the house, the ones who were with Aro. There were at least six of them. "I-I'll join you," I stuttered. I didn't have a choice. I could sense that these people were very powerful and they could kill Seth in an instant. I didn't want to risk anything, not Seth, not the Cullens. This was my battle alone. So, I must face it alone. I didn't dare to look back at Seth's eyes, nor Carlisle's. I might change my mind if I did. I must protect those people who were important to me. I already had the choice this time. I didn't have the choice to save my family, so, I guessed this time, it was important to choose, right? This time, every decision counted.

"Then it's settled," Aro said. "Your name, child?"

"Brynn,"

"Well, Brynn," he said. "Welcome to the Volturi."

***

Two vampires held both of my arms as they were dragging me to a place I didn't know. Two cars stopped short in front of us then we climbed in. Aro and the others were inside a black BMW, whilst me and some vampires were inside a white one.

I did not mutter a single word. The vampires were still holding both of my wrists. I was not that sure if they're that dumb to see that I couldn't escape. I was between them too, no chances of escaping. Even though there might be a chance that I could escape, I would not attempt knowing the lives of my new family were going to be at stake. And with that, the travel and my journey to a new place went for hours.

***

A medieval looking castle or building surprised me. We went inside as the vampires dragged me. We took a few twists and turns and stayed at a place which I figured out was the main room. There were three king chairs at the back of the room and two were sitting at both ends. Maybe if I burned this whole place down, no one would ever get near the Cullens again. I was thinking of it, knowing that I would go be buried with the place. I should think about it though. For now, nothing harmful was done.

There were eleven vampires inside the room, including me. Two sitting on the king chairs, two standing beside it, which I assumed were siblings, Aro, Eleazar, me, the two who were holding my arms, and another two at the door.

"Who is she?" the blonde girl asked, acting all calm and indifferent. "Is she the new recruit of the Cullens?"

"Yes Jane," said Aro with a grin on his face, "She's their new recruit which is now our recruit,"

"What's her ability?" the guy beside Jane asked.

"You're not in the right place to know," I regretted what I said as soon as I felt pain flowing through my body. I screamed until I heard Aro telling Jane to stop. Was she the one causing this pain?

"Damn it," I said as I fell down on my knees. Relief washed through me as the pain faded away.

"She was being rude to Alec," she said.

"And now you're going to pay for being rude to me," I gritted to my teeth as I focused my mind on burning her. I first started to light up her robes with my mind, and she screamed in pain. Her scream was louder than mine which I considered was victory.

"Stop," Aro called. "Brynn," as he said, I stopped the fire. I just wanted to get back to her. I turned around to look at the faces of the vampires inside the room, their eyes were wide and were obviously filled with shock.

"Get some water, she's still burning!" yelled Alec. I noticed that the fire burned her skin and even though I stopped the fire, she was still screaming in pain.

Water splashed to Jane and I had no idea where it came from. As soon as Jane regained her self, I saw Alec launching his self at me in full speed, "You're going to pay for doing that to my sister."