Secrets and Dreams (Part 14 - END)

Jennie turned her head in surprise when she heard the beeping of the apartment lock, not expecting Lisa to come home so soon.

She switched the TV off and stood up to walk towards the door. "Lili?"

"Hm?" Lisa didn't look up, too busy taking off her shoes and jacket.

"I thought you wouldn't be coming home until morning."

"Bambam oppa let me go," replied Lisa, giving Jennie a brief peck on the cheek as she made her way to the kitchen. "Why are you still up?"

"I couldn't sleep," Jennie said. "Chu briefed me over dinner. You caught her?" She followed Lisa and sat on the counter while she watched her rummage in the fridge for a drink and a snack.

"Yeah. I had to shoot her though. She was holding Bambam oppa hostage."

"She did what? How?!"

"We caught her while she was about to toss the gun into this huge pond at the park." Lisa poured herself a glass of water and took out one of Jiyoon's cupcakes to eat. "She's at the hospital now and Bambam oppa said he'd bring her down to Seoul first thing in the morning." She peeled the paper and started munching on the treat. "This is not bad at all. Especially when you're starving like I am right now."

"Want me to whip up something for you? Instant ramyun maybe?"

"Nah. I'm too lazy to eat ramyun. This will do," Lisa said, taking another bite from the cupcake.

"Too lazy to eat ramyun but not a cupcake? I don't think I'll ever understand you, Manoban."

"That's a good thing because it means you'll never grow tired of me or get bored."

"You know that won't happen."

"I know. Just saying."

Jennie watched Lisa finish her cupcake then followed her to the bedroom, lying down on the bed while Lisa took off her blazer, getting ready to shower.

"How did the birthday party go?" asked Lisa.

"Pretty good, I think. That girl was all smiles when I picked her up. She kept on rambling about how impressed that boy was with you. You showed him your badge and your gun?"

"I even let him touch my badge. That boy better be nice to our baby girl or else."

Lisa then took out said badge and her phone, placing them in the nightstand drawer. She sat down on the bed to remove her spare gun and store it away safely.

"Where's your other gun?" Jennie noticed the empty holster hanging from Lisa's side.

"Somewhere at the bottom of the pond in Deokjin Park, Jeonju," said Lisa as she took off the holster as well. "Courtesy of Miss Obsessive Killer."

"She made you throw your gun into the pond?"

"Something like that."

"Did you cry?" Jennie teased, inching closer towards Lisa to let her fingers playfully crawl up Lisa's back. "Like a kid that has to part with her favorite toy?"

"How old do you think I am? Five? I'm totally-... Excuse me. What are you doing?" asked Lisa when Jennie's hands crept around her torso from behind and began unbuttoning her shirt.

"Helping," whispered Jennie as she leaned her chin on Lisa's shoulder.

"I'll be very honest with you. I am very excited with your help and what might follow once you're done helping me but I'm exhausted and I stink," Lisa said, leaning back against Jennie.