"Well, that sucks," Miles said. "I hope he feels better soon.

"He will," Luna said. "Trust me, my dad can get through anything." 

That was when Mateo poked his head through the door to Luna's room, also dressed in his job clothes and with his signature hawk bandana hanging loosely around his neck. "Vamos, Luna," he said. "We gotta head out for the meeting place." 

Luna sighed to herself before addressing Miles. "Listen, Miles, I have some stuff to take care of right now," she said. "Hablo contigo más tarde, okay?" 

"Oh, okay," Miles replied. "Talk to you later, then.

"Bye." 

"Bye.

Luna hung up, then threw her phone on the bed, knowing she wouldn't be needing it for now. Then she wordlessly followed her brother out of her room and out of the house, where Jazmín was waiting for them by the sleek forest green Dodge Charger that served as the family's job car. 

"Let's get going," Jazmín said to them, tossing Luna the keys. "We don't want to be late." 

Luna got into the driver's seat, while Jazmín rode shotgun and Mateo sat in the back. Then, Luna started the car, and they drove off, heading for the meeting point for the job. 

The El Tigres were like the El Dragones' "brothers", in a sense

The El Tigres were like the El Dragones' "brothers", in a sense. They operated in very much the same way, and the racial makeup and style of living was very similar as well. But the El Tigres were also shady and far more violent, and used whatever means necessary to get what they wanted. So Luna's dad rarely ever did business with them. 

When Luna and her siblings pulled up to the meeting point, she wasn't surprised when she saw that the El Tigres were already there. Glancing at each other, the three nodded once in mutual understanding before they pulled up their bandanas and got out of the car, then headed over to the gang members as they relaxed by their cars. 

"You're early," one of the members, a short, mousy-looking Latino, said, raising an eyebrow at the three siblings. 

Luna crossed her arms, putting on her gang member facade as she also raised an eyebrow. "So are you," she said. 

The man smiled. "And you must be Mariposa." He nodded at the butterfly on Luna's bandana and jacket, then stuck out his hand for her to shake. "The name's Felix. Felix Moruga." 

"Let's just skip the formalities and get this done, alright?" Luna said, rolling her eyes. 

Felix gave a sly grin, nodding at her. "Word on the street is you're one of the best drivers in Brooklyn. That true?" 

Luna nodded back. "That's right." 

Felix glanced at Jazmín and Mateo. "Osa? Halcón? You can attest to that?"