New Family

I don't own Star Wars Rebels!!!

Hera watched the two kids as they snacked on a few cookies. They were very sweet and she felt terrible that they had had to live on the street for so long. She hoped that they would like Zeb and Sabine, and that they would be happy staying with them.

It wasn't long before the front door opened and Zeb and Sabine came in. They dropped their bags in the mud room and hurried to the kitchen, but stopped short at the sight of the two new kids.

"Um, hi?" Sabine asked.

"Zeb, Sabine!" Hera exclaimed "Meet Ezra and Kyla, they're going to be part of our family now."

"Oh, I didn't know you guys were getting any new foster kids." Sabine turned to the two siblings "Well, I'm Sabine, that's Zeb. It's nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too." Ezra said softly.

"How old are you two?" Zeb grunted.

"We're fourteen." Ezra answered.

"Really?" Sabine asked, surprised "You don't look it."

"Sabine." Hera said warningly "Be nice."

"I am!" Sabine protested "I'm just saying they look younger."

Kanan came into the kitchen and sighed "I got a new assignment, I have to go in early tomorrow."

"What's the assignment, love?" Hera asked.

"I've been assigned a case with the gang, the Specters." Kanan shrugged "Kallus and I are supposed to investigate the leaders."

The twins tensed "Why?" Ezra asked.

"Well, they're criminals. They've been stealing for years." Kanan explained "People are upset about it and they want the police to do something."

"The Specters aren't bad though." Ezra protested "They help people."

"What do you mean?" Kanan asked but Ezra looked down "Ezra, if you know something, tell me."

"Why don't you ask Kyla?" Zeb asked "I'm sure whatever the kid knows, she knows too."

"Kyla doesn't talk." Hera said softly.

"Oh, okay, whatever." Zeb shrugged.

"Ezra?" Kanan asked sternly.

"They, well, they're the reason we're still here." Ezra shrugged.

"What do you mean?"

"It was a few years ago." Ezra sighed "It was the middle of winter and we didn't have anywhere to go or any food. A few Specters showed up and gave us blankets, coats, and some food. Without them, we would have died that night. They're not bad people."

Kanan hesitated "Do you know their leaders?"

"Who doesn't?"

"Um, us." Sabine raised her hand.

"Who are they, Ezra?" Kanan asked.

"The Phantom and the Wraith." Ezra shrugged.

Kanan chuckled "I know that, do you know what their real names are?"

"Oh, that?" Ezra rolled his eyes "Of course not. No one does."

Kanan sighed "Okay, I believe you." He turned to Hera "What's for dinner, dear?"

"Wait, you-you just believe us?" Ezra asked, confused "Just like that?"

"You haven't give us any reason not to." Hera shrugged "So, of course we trust you."