Chapter 6: Trees, Jutsu, and a Mission

Shisui is standing in front of his students. He says, "Today you three will learn how to walk up trees using your chakra, which will be gathered at your feet. Now remember... If you use too much chakra you will fly off of the tree, but if you use too little chakra you will slide off the tree. Mark your progress with kunai."

So the three of them grab the kunai from the ground, and gather chakra at their feet. Hinata easily makes it up half the tree. Naruto on the other hand, made it to the first branch before flying off of the tree. Choji made the same distance, but slid down the tree.

Shisui then says, "Good job guys. Now if you need anymore help with this exercise I will be under this tree."

So, after a month they complete the Tree Walking Exercise, along with physical exercises, trust exercises, and the insanely boring D-Rank missions. Shisui then makes two Shadow Clones. He says, "Today I will each be teaching you an Elemental jutsu. The first step is to find one's Elemental Affinity."

Naruto asks, "How does one find their Elemental Affinity?"

Shisui then pulls three pieces of paper from the pouch on the back of his waist. He answers, "With this! This is Chakra Induction Paper. Their are five main Elemental Chakra types: Fire, Wind, Lightning, Earth, and Water.

Fire: the paper will ignite and turn to ash.Wind: the paper will split in two.Lightning: the paper will wrinkle.Earth: the paper will turn to dirt and crumble away.Water: the paper will become wet/damp. To get these reactions all you have to do is channel chakra through the paper."

Shisui hands them each a piece. Choji goes first, and channels his chakra through the paper. His paper turns to lava. The Akimichi then turns to his Sensei, about to ask a question. But Shisui answers the question, saying, "Choji you have a Kekkei Genkai. It's called Yoton (Lava Release) which doesn't just pass through one clan, but multiple. I'll see if I can get you some scrolls on it."

Naruto then decides to do it next, and channels chakra through the paper. The paper wrinkles. Shisui noded. He had the perfect jutsu to show Naruto. Naruto then asks, "So I got Lightning chakra, right?"

Shisui answers, "You do. Now let Hinata have a turn."

Hinata then channels chakra through the paper. The piece of paper ignites, turning to ash. Shisui says, "Hinata you have Katon (Fire Release). Now if Choji would go with Clone Number One, and Hinata go with Clone Number Two they will each teach you a jutsu. I'll teach Naruto a jutsu here."

So as each clone goes their separate way, with Choji and Hinata following them, Shisui says, "I'll be teaching you one of my original jutsu. I call it Raiton: Shiden (Lightning Release: Purple Electricity), which is an A-Rank jutsu. To use this jutsu, the user unleashes a stream of purple electricity from their hand to attack targets from a short-to-mid range."

Meanwhile, Shisui is teaching Choji the Doton: Kengan no Jutsu (Earth Release: Fist Rock Technique). While Shisui is teaching Hinata the Katon: Hōsenka no Jutsu (Fire Release: Phoenix Sage Fire Technique).

After a month of practice, the three Genin have the jutsu battle ready. They were even allowed to use their new jutsu in spars so they could get practice with them. Right now though Team Shisui is standing in the Hokage's office, after recently recapturing Tora. Tora is the cat owned by Madam Shijimi, the wife of the Fire Daimyō.

Tora is recognised by the red ribbon on her right ear. She has brown fur, with a line running down her forehead with three lines going across it, and amber-coloured eyes.

When Madam Shijimi leaves the office, the Sandaime asks, "I have more missions available. You can paint a man's fence, babysit a councilman's grandson?"

Shisui answers, "Actually Hokage-sama, I believe they are ready for a C-Rank mission."

As Iruka was about to say something, all six of them heard Madam Shijimi, who yells, "MY TORA-CHAN! COME BACK TO MOMMA!"

Shisui chuckled, and says, "Guess we dodged a bullet. Ain't that right, team?"

The Sandaime then says, "ANBU! Bring in the client for this mission."

The ANBU read over the mission file, nods, and then disappears. A couple minutes later, an old man appears. Hiruzen says, "This man is Tazuna. He needs to be escorted back to his home Nami no Kuni, so that he can build a bridge. You are to protect him throughout the construction of his bridge. This is a C-Rank mission, so don't expect too much trouble. You are dismissed."

Tazuna is a grey-haired, bespectacled man with a large beard and dark eyes. When first introduced, he wore a sleeveless v-neck shirt with an obi, pants and a pair of sandals. He also carried a towel around his neck and wore a pointed hat on his head.

Shisui then orders, "Tazuna, you will meet us at the gate in two hours. My team, and I need to get ready for the mission."

Two hours later, the four of them leave Konoha, walking towards the Land of Waves (Nami no Kuni).

When each of the Genin took a step out of Konoha, they felt excitement, and that something was going to go down. Which made Choji, and Hinata feel fear. But each of them felt like their were ready for anything, or anyone that they came across.