18 : Kinda Random Chapter lol

Start from the beginning

Your light chuckle made him jump, "I'm just reflecting on the past, no big deal!"

The boy gave a guilty expression, but sat next to you wordlessly. You gazed at the moon, reflecting on the past events. You thought about each situation logically, then your mind drifted to Kyojuro. You remembered playing with sticks and laughing. It caused a small smile to envelop your features, and Tanjiro could both smell and see the difference in your mood. It was happier.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked suddenly causing your face to turn a bright red. It was visible even in the moonlight.

"O-oh! N-nothing much, r-really! Just..." you paused and smiled brightly, "just remembering when me and Kyojuro used to play when we were younger... it's been awhile since I could clearly remember this all, honestly." You laughed lightly.

Tanjiro shifted his gaze from you to the surrounding trees, "He makes you happy. You care about him a lot..."

"Mm, yeah. You could say that..." a deep blush covered your face. Tanjiro noticed, but didn't say anything to point it out.

He hummed, "I believe he cares about you a lot too. Whenever you're around, he has a different... I don't know, something about him is just different."

You looked at the boy with a pause in the conversation, "Aren't you going to be his Tsuguko?" He nodded slightly. "Then, let's have a chat like this again sometime, okay?" He smiled widely and gave an eager grin and nod. You took your leave and went back to the room where Kyojuro was sleeping. Opening the door, you saw him still laying in the bed with his eyes closed. You smiled and laid in your bed facing him with a smile, drifting off to sleep.

The next morning, you woke up to his continuous poking on your face. His smile was small, but just as bright as usual. He didn't have his hair pinned up, though, so it dangled in his face, and looked irritating to deal with. "A few more minutes..." you whined and turned around on the comfy bed. Kyojuro laughed and sat in the bed next to you. He let you have your few minutes of extra sleep, but that's was all.

"Snowball~" he called happily. A small smirk shined in your features as you picked your pillow up and hit him with it, quickly placing it back under your head.

"Shh, I'm trying to sleep, Kyojuro." You tried to sound stiff and stern, but only sounded more playful. He chuckled at the forced expression you showcased. If was meant to be irritation, but looked funny to him.

"Don't frown,your smile is much prettier!" He intentionally tried to make you flustered, and succeeded. You immedateily covered your face with your hands to hide the blush creeping onto your skin. Not to mention the smile you tried desperately to keep hidden as well. Your reaction only made him want to tease you more, but it stopped when Aoi brought some food in. He watched you immediately perk up, almost throwing him off to the side like trash. You had lost weight while dealing with this fever, but your appetite seemed to return.

"Food!!" You shouted with glee throwing your hands in the air as soon as you had sat up.

"Seems someone is feeling better and has her appetite back!" She said happily, glad you were slowly getting better. "Please, eat your fill! You've always been thin, but this is going a little far, don't you think?" She giggled hoping you understood it was a joke. More so, she hoped Kyojuro didn't smd up scolding her, and by the look on his face, she expected a lecture.

Suddenly, your laughter seemed to ease both of them. It was almost hypnotizing, "Yeah, I plan to gain every bit of weight I lost back!" You chuckled and immediately dug into the food she sat in front of you. Kyojuro did the same, but instead of repeating the same word over and over again, he hummed each time he filled his mouth.