"A well-known witch made a prediction about it. There's another group of demons trying to get rid of him and they're trying to find someone able to kill him." He told me.

"So, they're in the city too?" I asked.

"Yeah, we thought we'd join forces to get rid of this guy, but we figured out that they're his own kind. They're Lycans." He kneeled down and started going through my hair with the dye bottle. I felt the cold dye and his hand was gentle as he moved it along my roots.

"Why does everybody want to kill him?" I asked, not understanding.

"He's turning a ton of people and too many humans are starting to notice. He wants to reveal us to the humans and rule over them." Jack explained, reminding me of the Lycans that killed the Brighteyes.

"What do you think would happen if people start to notice us?" I asked with an apprehensive frown.

"I don't know, but it won't be good." Jack told me, with his eyebrows furrowed. His touch was calming as he dyed my hair and I didn't want to think about it anymore.

"Hm." I hummed closing my eyes and focusing on his proximity to me. I felt his breath on my forehead as he leaned close to dye my bangs.

"What are you thinking about?" he asked me with his smooth, low voice.

"You." I answered simply with a smile. My eyes opened and his red eyes moved from my hair to my eyes.

"What about me?" he raised his eyebrow. I smiled, trying to phrase it and going the simple way.

"I love you." I whispered, feeling my heart beating hard, waiting for his reaction and response.

"Good." He smiled. "I love you too." He said, looking deep into my eyes. "Could you have picked a better time to tell me that?" he laughed, holding up his black dye-covered glove and the half-empty dye bottle.

"Sorry, it just came out." I said, kissing his cheek. "Is my hair done?" I asked, standing up and spinning to look in the mirror. It looked done.

"Hold on." He said, focusing again on my hair, and moving to the back with the dye bottle.

* * *

It was finally Christmas vacation and it was the weekend we were going to stay at Jess's for a few days until Christmas Eve. My mom and I were running around trying to find all our stuff before we left. We had to pack up for the couple days because we were staying over. I was excited to see Jess but I was nervous about everyone meeting Jack. He hadn't showed up yet and we had less than half an hour before we had to leave. My mom had told me that Marisol wasn't comfortable with Jack sleeping over and Jack didn't seem to care at all when I told him he'd have to drive back the same day.

I looked up when I heard hands on the side of the building and smiled when Jack appeared in my tall window. I closed my door as he climbed in and then ran to throw my arms around him. He was wearing straight black pants and a dark red collared shirt with a black and grey vest and a black and red tie. I was wearing a long, baggy red sweater that had black leather on the elbows and a large collar with black metallic leggings and a silk scarf.

"Does this look okay?" he asked as I finished surveying him.

"You look perfect. What about me?" I asked, feeling unsure as I stepped back with my arms out.

"Yeah, but you don't need this." He laughed, removing my scarf so he could kiss my neck. "Your make-up looks sexy." He smiled with pointy teeth. I smiled back and made a mental note to go for the 'smokey-eye' whenever I wanted Jack to think I was sexy.