"...Eda." The voice muttered.

Meanwhile, At the Owl House, King continued to doze of in a curled up and warm cover. Luz made sure not to wake him, as she continued to play on her phone. All the while, King was in a deep sleep, as his foot twitched in his sleep. He was dreaming of nothing usual, but, something more... dark.

-In King's Dream-

"Uurrgghhh... Where am I?" The demon asked, looking around.

He was no longer beside Luz, but instead, a dark room. Pure darkness filled the room, with nobody except for King himself.

"W-What the-?" He asked, rubbing his head.

His words echoed through the dark room, with his voice bouncing off the walls, creating an echo.

"Uh, Hello?" He called out.

Besides his own voice, there was no other words. King gulped, uneasy. It felt like he was trapped in a cage. His Skull head was the only thing creating light, due to how white it was, compared to the black room. His eyes were also visible, being a light enough color to stay lit.

"L-Luz? Eda?... Hooty?" King asked, slowly becoming more uneasy.

As his words echoed from the empty abyss, he was then suddenly greeted with a shadow. It too was dark like the room, but a bit more greyer, making it visible in the darkness

"W-What the-?" King asked.

The grey figure grew and grew, with King only to take one second to realize. It was walking towards him.
He started to feel fear feel his body, and became paralyzed.

"Who-Who are you.... WHAT are you?" King asked, in a stuttering fear.

The figure did not answer, but instead, got closer and closer. King then built up enough bravery to give an angry frown.

"Answer me!" King exclaimed, stomping one little paw a step closer.

The figure came closer and closer, until...

"I... am... You." The figure spoke, with such a deep and menacing voice.

It felt like King was hit with a knife straight to the chest. The menacing voice he heard was the most terrifying thing he has ever heard.

"You... are... me." The figure spoke, again with the same deep and menacing voice.

"W-W-! Y-You?.... Me?" King asked, very scared.

As he pointed to the figure, and then himself.

"You are no longer the King of Demons... I am. You are nothing but a weak pest. I can give you anything you desire... Fame... Power... Immortal... all you need to do... is... give... me... your... soul." The figure spoke.

King felt life vomiting on the floor. He wanted to run, but he was stuck paralyzed.

"You are not going to be in control for long... Run for your life..." The figure continued.

Kings eyes shook in place, showing the horror in his face.

MWAAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAA!!

The laughing of the figure echoed through the empty pitch black walls, and King quickly got to his knees, and covered his head, shaking violently.

"AURGH!!" He yelled.

The noise of the dark and menacing laugh burned into his ears, hurting King from how loud it was.

"STOP! STOP IT!" King exclaimed.

The figure continued to laugh, as King kept shaking his head.

MWAAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAA!!

-Back to Reality-

"Stop! Stop it!" King yelled, violently shaking his head back and forth.

"King! King! Wake up!" Luz said, shaking Kings shoulder.

It didn't take even three seconds before King quickly popped his head off of his pillow, quickly gasping for air.

"King! Are you okay?" Luz asked, in a concerned tone.

King couldn't reply, as he quickly flew his head off the couch and vomited black slime on the ground. Luz gasped in shock, with some slime getting on her shirt.

"Ugh!... Oof... A-Ah..." King groaned, after getting the sickness out of his system.

"K-King! Oh, you poor thing." Luz said.

King gasped for air, trying to acknowledge what just happened. As soon as the vomit got out of his system, he coughed, with him shaking from the nightmare.

"L-Luz!" King said, tearing up.

He quickly jumped into her arms, sobbing like an upset baby. Luz caught him in time, and rubbed his back and shushed him.

"Shhh... It's alright, Buddy. It was just a dream." Luz said, trying her best to soothe the small demon.

The demon held onto Luz tightly, with his tears soaking her shirt.

"It's okay, I'm here." Luz said.

"Don't ever leave me!" He said, hugging tighter.

"Shh... I will never leave you." Luz replied.

She started rocking King softly in her arms, like a mother trying to calm a tired baby.