20. Rewrite the stars

Start from the beginning

"You know Taehyung, we keep contemplating what we write in the books of our lives, fearful of inaccuracy. However an error filled book is not the worst, neither is a scribbled one, even if you spill the ink all over it, it's not the worst." Jungkook softened his eyes, almost depicting helplessness. He gently nudged his nose with that of the royal.

"Do you know the worst thing you could do to it?" he asked the royal who seemed apprehensive of what Jungkook may say, before a hesitant shake of his head.

"The worst thing you could do, my love, is tear off it's pages. To crumple and discard them before you even experience what it beholds. Perhaps our story culminates differently. Not doomed?" whispering the last part Jungkook softly prehended his lips in his own. The kiss was so soft it took the royal's breath away.

"I cannot assure you that I'm capable of keeping you the way you deserve to be, since you deserve to be sleeping on clouds in the light of stars. However the least I can assure you is that if you risk for me once, I'll risk for you till my last breath." Taehyung violently shook his head now, no words escaped his mouth anymore.

The most he shall consequently go through was being handed over to an unrelenting king. However Jungkook indulging himself with Taehyung shall only end in one way.

"Petal, your concern for me is indeed captivating. However I would rather choose my life on the edge of a knife with you by my side than the mundane one, looking at the stars and bewailing how another man must be holding you in his arms under the same sky."

Tiny sniffles evaded the silence. Taehyung rubbed his eyes with his fists as he comprehended a dilemma he had never envisioned.
"T-this is utter puerility, Jungkook. T-they will find us by the first twilight."

"I'm aware of that possibility." Jungkook took the royal's trousers from beside him and started ascending them on the boy's legs while the other blabbered chewing on his nails.

"And- and- we have nowhere to go to. We shall possibly be loitering on the roads day and night easy prey to getting caught."

"One hundred percent likly." Jungkook patted the other bottom to lift it up as adjunct to completely dressing him up in his trousers.

"There will never be a moment without the jitter of being arrested." Taehyung huffed and lifted his arms so the other can slide his own shirt on him. Jungkook's musk engulfing his ansty nerves thereupon.

"True. Not one moment." Jungkook shrugged and combed his hands through the boys silky bedraggled locks.

"We may go days without food and water."

"I shall exert all my power for that to be false, albeit I cannot promise." Jungkook, after cleaning the oil from his torso, handed the cloth to Taehyung to clean the dorsum.

"You have an assured death sentence the minute we are caught and possibly so do I." He rubbed the cloth from the back of Jungkook's neck to the lower back, placing chasté kisses on the shoulder.

"Yes, unmistakably." Jungkook grinned from ear to ear and turned to face the prince who was trying hard not to crack a smile himself.
"So what do you say?"

"YES. Let's elope. Take me away."

Jungkook squeaked like a child and dropped all his weight on the boy who shrieked and giggled in return.

*****

Tuesday 2 am-

"Petal" Jungkook whispered as he wrapped his arms from back around a panicky Taehyung who was hauling at his hair standing in the middle of his chamber.