The Streets

I don't own Star Wars Rebels!!!

Ezra Bridger had only his twin sister, Kyla, she had short dark blue hair like he did that she kept cropped close to her chin and electric blue eyes. They had had only each other for eight years, ever since their parents had been murdered in front of them by a gang of Imperials.

After the deaths of their parents, the two seven year olds had discovered they would be separated by the foster care system and ran away. They had lived on the streets for the past eight years. Until one day...

Kanan Jarrus and his wife, Hera Syndulla, were foster parents to two great kids, Garezeb Orrelios and Sabine Wren. Kanan was a detective at the Lothal Police Station. When Kanan was on patrol he ran into two kids, a boy and a girl.

"Stop, thieves!" A man nearby shouted.

The two kids started to run but Kanan chased after them, calling for backup as he went. Of course, Detective Kallus was the one who responded first, saying he'd be right there. Kanan didn't particularly like Kallus, but he didn't really have time to complain as he chased the two kids.

They ran several blocks before a police car pulled out of the alley in front of the kids and Kanan, effectively stopping them. Kallus stepped out of the car, gun drawn and pointed at the two kids who exchanged a quick glance before slowly raising their hands.

"That's right, nice and easy." Kallus told them as Kanan caught up with them.

"You don't need the gun, Kallus, they're just kids." Kanan said harshly.

"Is that any way to thank me for catching these two criminals?" Kallus growled "Don't you know who they are? They're the pickpockets we've been chasing for years."

"They can't be more than thirteen." Kanan said "Put the gun away."

"Fourteen." The boy growled.

"What?"

"I said, we're fourteen." The boy repeated.

"Oh, sorry." Kanan sighed "Look, kids, you're gonna have to come with us down to the station. We'll call your parents and hopefully get this all sorted out."

The boy scoffed and the girl tensed.

"We don't have any parents for you to call." The boy snarked.

"Well, then we'll have to get you in the system and find you some." Kallus snarled "Now, get in the car."

The boy looked to the girl, it was obvious to Kanan that they were siblings, most likely twins. The girl was shivering and looked terrified.

"We can't get in that car." The boy declared.

"And why not?" Kallus asked.

"We don't trust cops."

"Well, be that as it may, you have to come down to the station and to get there you need a ride." Kanan said "So it would be best if you got in the car."

"Look, you don't get it." The boy frowned "My sister can't get in a police car."

"Why?" Kanan asked gently.

"I'm not saying anything." The boy crossed his arms defiantly.

"Fine." Kallus said, loosing patience and grabbed the girl around the waist and threw her unceremoniously into the vehicle.

"Kyla!" The boy shouted.

Kallus locked the door "I'll take her, you take the boy."

Inside the car, the girl, Kyla was pounding on the window, her breath coming in short gasps and her eyes wild.