Epilogue

"Are you leaving?" Emma asks even though the answer is obvious. The suitcase on the bed is already neatly organized. The door to Finn's room had been wide open and she had let herself in.

"Job's done," Finn smiles meekly. He places a pair of shoes, soles up, then zips the suitcase around it. "On to the next."

"Where's up next?"

"First, I'm going back to DC. I'm sure my apartment needs a good dusting. I have a couple of leads on a new case, but nothing solid yet."

"Well," Emma says and claps her hands together. "I wish you the best of luck." Finn lifts the suitcase and sets it down on its wheels. He grabs his backpack

"Look," Finn says and bites his lip awkwardly. "I- I did what you asked me." Emma looks at him questioningly. "I found some information about your dad."

"Oh," she says. She had forgotten about that in the mix of everything. His voice doesn't sound good or bad. What could have happened? Was he dead? Is that what Olivia meant when she said 'got rid of him?'

"Here," Finn says as he grabs a fine off the desk. He hands it to her. "It's up to you if you want to read it." She takes it and hesitates before opening it.

Inside there are copies of legal documents and photos. There's a deed to a house with his name and a woman that is not her mom. "It says he started his job in Cleveland 10 years ago," Emma notices. "Where was he before that?"

"He was here."

"Here?" He nods. "As in Hemlock Grove?"

"Yes."

"What was he doing here?"

"He still worked at Hemlock Acres as an insurance administrator. Worked his way up and got a better offer in Cleveland," Finn explains. "Did you not already know this?" Emma shakes her head. "Your parents weren't legally divorced until he was getting ready to move."

"My mom knew?"

"I-uh- I don't know. I would assume so," Finn says awkwardly. "Everything that I could find is in there."

"Did anything lead back to Roman's mom?"

"Not on paper. That's all I have access to... just paper trails. If you want anything more than that I'd suggest you get yourself a private investigator." Emma stands there silently and watches him return to packing. "Let me know if you have any more weird cults show up. This was definitely one of my more interesting cases."

"I will," Emma says with a small wave.

.......

When Emma comes back to Roman's it's dark out. She barges in and heads straight to the kitchen. She'd left behind the paper's from Finn in her car, not wanting to think about them. Peter is sitting on the couch with the TV on, dressed in pajamas. She ignores his greetings from the couch in favor of a half-empty bottle from Roman's liquor cabinet. "Where's Roman?" She asks then wipes her mouth off and pours a glass.

"He's upstairs working."

"On what?"

"No idea," Peter says. Emma comes forward and takes a seat on the couch.

"What are you doing?"

"Learning about aliens," he says and motions to the TV. "Ancient ones to be specific."

"Do you mind if I join?"

"Not at all." Peter grabs the remote to turn the volume up but pauses. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay," she says. That's exactly what she is right now, just okay. "You?"

"I'm making it." Peter takes a long drink of water. He'd been surprisingly sober throughout all of this. He was, however, going through almost two packs of cigarettes every day. "A lot of things going through my mind."