Chapter 21 | Honest |

There's only one hotel in Hemlock Grove. Well, technically it's a motel, but it's all the same. There's a rumor that they're planning on building a Holiday Inn by the White Tower for all the visiting businessmen. For now, the shabby motel is all that the town offered. It wasn't nearly as bad as others in the area. One town over was filled with pimps and addicts. Everyone knows the owner will turn a blind eye for the right price.

The last thing Olivia had said lingered in her mind. Finn knew so much about her already, who knows what else he knew. He himself had told her not to trust anyone.

Emma stakes him out from across the street. It takes a while, but eventually, he emerges from his room. She watches him double check the lock on his door and drive off in his Subaru. Waiting until he is fully out of sight, she cross the road.

She had seen Roman do this a million times at school. Any empty classroom was free game for them to ditch in, get high in, or fuck in. Without a second thought, she jams her credit card into the latch.

A gasp escapes her lips. In front of her is what can only be described as the inner thoughts of an insane. It looks straight out of a movie or TV show. It encompasses the entire wall. Photo's, notes, maps, all connected by red string. Her eyes are immediately drawn to a familiar photo. She approaches it slowly. It's a glossy print out of her and Roman from the gala back in the fall. Connected to that one by a red string is her student ID photo.

Emily Elaine Parker. Her name is followed by little handwritten bullet points about her. 19. Student at the University of Pennsylvania. Species: N/A. Mother Kathryn Parker. Father: Charles Parker.

Roman Godfrey. 19. CEO of Godfrey Industries. Species: Upir. Mother: Olivia Godfrey. Father: Norman Godfrey.

Emma steps back and sinks on to the bed. She's forgotten why she's here. It's too much information. Her eyes move like strobe lights trying to catch all of the information. She's so absorbed by it all, that by the time the lock is clicking open she doesn't even notice. She only looks up when sunlight streams through its opening.

"What is all of this?" She asks.

"It's like a visual connections board," Finn explains, coming into the light. "There's no sensitive information on it. Just basic stuff."

"How long did it take you to put this together?"

"I've been gathering information for almost two years now..." He sighs. "I had a couple drinks last night and thought that this might help. It's what they do in the movies anyway..."

"Did it work?"

"I don't know."

"Is Norman really Roman's dad?"

"Yes."

"How do you know that?"

"Mostly genetics. Olivia and J.R's first child was not born with a caul, neither was his sister. But Roman? Roman was. It takes a certain combination of genes for the desired outcome. Norman and Olivia are not particularly discreet either." Finn approaches the wall and studies it. She smiles at the understatement.

"What does that mean? Born with a caul?" She asks with the distant memory of Destiny's words in her mind.

"It means different things to different cultures... Some say it is the veil between this life and the afterlife. Other's say it means that the child will become a vampire after death. I have always been told that it meant the child only had four days to live."

"So Olivia would have been aware that... That Norman was what? A carrier of the gene?"

"She found out, yes."