❀ sixteen ❀

❀ ❀

❀ ❀

Soli takes a hit of her blunt, sucking in the smoke, holding in for a second, and then blowing it out. She repeats this twice, before handing the blunt to Adrian who sits next to her on the roof near her bedroom window.

"You know," Adrian starts, but pauses to take a hit of the blunt, and then breathing out, "this is a fucking vibe."

Soli smiles at him as he passes the blunt to her. They both sit on the asphalt tiles of her roof, watching the sun as it sets. Neither of them have a care in the world in the moment, other than getting high.

"Fez always has the good weed," Soli murmurs, holding the blunt out to Adrian, but he waves it off. She shrugs, taking a small hit before smothering the flame against her ashtray.

"I didn't get it from Fez this time," Adrian says, almost in a whisper, as if he was speaking to himself.

"Huh?" Soli side-eyes him, raising her eyebrow. "Then who'd you get it from?"

He smirks at her, and his lips curve upward to form a large goofy smile. "Oh, I have my ways."

Soli laughs heartily, nudging her elbow into his arm. "Oh God, you're such a fucking weirdo."

Adrian starts making kissy noises and puckering his lips. "But you love this weirdo!"

The two burst into laughs together, and when this dies down, Soli stares into the sunset, while Adrian stares at her. He marvels at the way Soli's brown skin glistens like diamonds in the sun, and smiles to himself. He brushes his knuckles up against her bare arm, and this gets her attention. She turns her head to lock eyes with Adrian, giving him a small smile.

"What?" She murmurs, feeling her cheeks getting hot under his gaze.

"Your skin is just, wow. In the sun. I love looking at it. At you." At his words, he leans in to kiss her, but someone's voice interrupts this. A familiar voice.

"Aren't you guys the cutest fucking couple!" The voice yells from the ground below. Soli and Adrian both snap their heads in the direction of the voice. They both make eye contact with Nate, who is leaning against his silver truck with his arms crossed.

"Nate, what are you doing here?" Soli asks, letting out an exhausted sigh.

"I wanted to fucking talk to you, but it looks like you're busy." He gestures to Adrian next to her, who tenses up immediately.

"Why don't you just get in your truck and leave, man." Adrian calmly tells him, but Nate scoffs.

"Why don't you come down here and fucking make me." Soli can just barely see Nate's jaw clench from where she's sitting.

"Okay, stop. Enough. Just, wait there." Soli groans, standing up. Adrian gently grabs her forearm while he's still sitting.

"What are you doing? You're gonna go talk to that asshole?"