❀ twelve ❀

❀ ❀

❀ ❀

"Hello?" Soli groggily answers her FaceTime, careful not to talk too loud in order to not wake an asleep Adrian beside her. Ever since their first escapade, they've been going at it like bunnies. Rue told them the sexual tension in the room while they're together is so thick it could choke everyone out in a matter of minutes.

"So why am I looking at your location and it says you're across the street from our house?" Chanel's voice chimes on the other end of the line, the sound of her shutting her car door in the background.

"Uh, because? I'm—"

"Fucking him?" Chanel interrupts, chuckling softly while Soli remains silent. "Anyways, I just wanted to check up on my baby sis."

"Oh, yeah. I'm fine, Chan. Just sleepy."

"Yeah it is kind of early. But—"

"Who's that?" A disembodied male voice asks on Chanel's end of the line.

"It's Soli, my sister." Chanel's voice turns quiet, more than usual. She briefly glances at the camera before switching her gaze back to the guy.

The guy proceeds to ask her something, but Soli could only make out the words "why" and "fucking."

Chanel begins to stutter, something that she's never done in all of her eighteen years of living.

"Are you okay?" Soli asks, and Chanel turns her attention back to her phone with a smile.

"I gotta go, but you have fun, okay?" She hangs up right as she finishes her sentence.

"That was weird," Adrian murmurs beside her, opening his eyes.

"It was, wasn't it? Chanel's never stuttered before."

"Yeah, not like you." He grins, and she playfully shoves his shoulder. He grabs her tightly, biting down gently on her neck.

"Ouch," she fakes, with a smile on her face. Adrian hops off of the bed, grabbing the navy blue plush blanket that was draped over his headboard. He throws it over his shoulders like a cape, imitating Dracula.

"Happy Halloween."

»

Soli zips up a black velvet hoodie before she leaves the house for the Halloween party her and her friends are going to. When she first wore this costume freshman year, which was a Clovers cheerleading outfit that was featured in the movie Bring It On, she barely made it out the house because her dad was more unhappy with her choice than Chanel's, who chose to be a ninja, wearing a fitted black romper with red accents, fishnet stockings, and combat boots. It was her mom who easily convinced her dad to let Soli go out. She told him it was "just Halloween" and to "let her have her fun."