Chapter 33: I Can't Get Enough

Start from the beginning

After the pot of coffee was brewed, mom had a cup but so did I, because I needed the caffeine. And I had then taken the muffins out of the tray and on a nice plate right on the table.

"The table looks nice, honey." Mom complimented.

"Thank you." I said. "At home Colleen usually does the cooking. But if I wake early up enough... I get to cook. Or Christopher."

My mother had her hair curly hair up in a bun. And her face was extremely flawless. And she looked nice. She was still in her pajamas. It was a plaid shirt and these plaid shorts. And she seemed tired still. And then I had taken out the pitcher of juice.

"So, last night... I heard a noise. And I heard someone leave outside. Around eleven thirty. It wasn't you by any chance?" Mom said, as if she was interrogating him like she did to dad that time around Thanksgiving two years ago about misplacing her earrings.

I was terrified of lying to her but I was more terrified of telling her the truth. Afraid she'd find out about what is going on between Christopher and me. And telling her is like telling my dad. And that's a risk that I'm gonna take.

"No, I was in bed by nine thirty." I lied, no matter how awful I felt for lying.

"Okay." She breathed with disbelief in her voice of sarcasm.

I turned facing her.

"Mom, I promise I didn't leave the house. It was probably Christopher. He has insomnia and better yet he sometimes sleepwalks. Do you know how many times he used to sleepwalk and at night I would have to bring him back to his room?" I lied again, and she crossed her arms staring at me with her eyes just burning into mine.

"Really?"

"You can ask Christopher if you don't believe me. It's exhausting sometimes." I said.

She looked at me which she put on her normal face that was like she didn't care if I was lying or not.

"So, Christopher is going off to college. That must be a lot? Your probably going to miss him." She said.

"Yeah. But he can always call and drive down on the weekends. It's not a big deal." I said.

The room picked up silence until Christopher came down the stairs and it's funny because I could tell he just got out of the shower. He had that normal clean smell that I always craved. He is just beyond beautiful. And I couldn't help but want him the second I saw him across the room. And I just enjoyed seeing him. He is just beautiful and sexy.

Mom and I left away from the counter and we went to sit down and so, Christopher was right across from me. And I saw his beautiful gray eyes. And he was just perfection to me. And how was I not to enjoy having him or how could I not want him?

We started digging in right away for this breakfast that I cooked. And I saw mom definitely had a lot she could say. But she remained quiet.

"So Christopher, how wet did you get?" Mom asked him, but the question sunk in wrong as he choked on his coffee in complete caution after her question was asked. I tried my best not to laugh either.

"I'm sorry?" He asked.

"The shower, I meant. I know you took one last night before bed. I was curious of how it was?" She chuckled.

    Christopher stared across over at me which had us both smiling at each other. On our minds was about what happened last night. Everything that happened last night was not just on my mind but also on his. And during this, I just couldn't get any of it out of my head. The magical kiss. The night in the lake. And how he had said he wants us to take it slow this time. But I want it to be known as that. And I just stared at Christopher with a small smile and I stared at him, looking directly at him of how much I'd give anything to have him right now if I could.