Chapter 5 - The Tour Guide and The Going to be Best Friend in No Time

Start from the beginning

"Aunt, C'mon! You know how I don't like using that name." he said to her then faced me with a smile, a smile that made his chocolate brown eyes sparkle, then took out his hands to me.

"Josh. Please call me Josh." he said and I shook his hand.

"Lucy." I responded and let go.

The douche faked a cough when we finished introducing ourselves.

"Oh. And this is Drake Stiller." she gestured to the moron.

My ears perked up at the mention of his name. What the hell? What is it about him? There’s something about him. There’s just something but I decided not to think about it too much and swiftly adjusted my expression and instead thought of what I usually think like… Oh? So the douche actually has a name. What a surprise!

"If the dou-" I stopped myself from continuing "- he's not my tour guide then why is he here?" I asked rhetorically.

"Oh you know, just being a good person that I am. I was just accompanying my friend right here" Drake answered and patted Josh in the shoulder. "Right, Josh?" he smirked at him which made him look even more annoyingly attractive.

"Oh shut up you dork. I told you I'm fine on my own. You’re the one who insisted to come with me." Josh moved his shoulder to scoot the douche hands off.

"Awwe c'mon! Isn’t that what friends are for?" he asked jokingly.

"Yeah, whatever" Josh chuckled then slightly pushed him away and instantly I knew that they’re really good friends.

"It's actually a good thing that you came Mr. Stiller. I need you to fetch some books in the library right now." Mrs. McCartney butted in.

"What? But Bev I'm – “  Mrs. McCartney cut him before he could continue.

"Ah. Ah. Ah. No buts with me and may I remind you mister we are in school premises you don’t call me by my first name."

The douche did nothing but sighed and surprisingly gave me one last glance that I swear had sadness in them if you look closely, in which I did, before going out of the office.

What was that about?

"As for you two, you can run along now. Dutsin be good to Lucy." she reminded. Josh nodded and with that we were out.

***

The moment we were out of the office, Josh was silent. I think, intentionally silent. But anyway it was awkward so I broke it.

"Are you mad at me or something? Or are you just the silent type?" I asked not taking the silent treatment anymore.

"Is it bothering you?" he cracked a small smile.

"Uh.. Kind of? I mean your suppose to be a tour guide. You should be saying things like 'Hey! That's the clinic' or 'That’s the way to the theater where kids perform stuffs' or 'That's an abandoned room where a lot of virginities were lost'. You know things like that?" I explained.

He burst out laughing. "That was pretty good." he continue to laugh. "I was just waiting for your reaction if I won't talk and it turned out Drake was right, you’re quite different, good and funny different."

And after that, he did the tour guide thing and he's actually pretty good at it but at some point my thoughts drifted to what he said. It turned out Drake was right? What does that mean? So the bastard told him about me being different? Was it because of our morning encounter?

"So what's your first period?" I was snapped out of my trance when he asked.  My eyes widen at his query.

"Excuse me?" I stopped at my tracks. Unfortunately what I only heard was the word period and the word that sounded like what or where or when.