Chapter 6 - Lunch Break

(WARNING: THIS IS UNEDITED)
I hope you guys enjoy reading . :) Presenting…

***

CHAPTER 6 – Lunch Break

“A little sister? I’m so jealous! I’ve always wanted a baby sister!” Elli said as we were walking down the hallway heading to our lockers.

It was lunch time and I was happy that I met Elli this morning not only because I get to have someone to have lunch with but also because she just simply go well with me.

“Yeah, she’s a real cutie.” I smiled just as I stopped at my locker. “And this is me.”

“Awesome! Mine’s just across yours.” Elli headed to the locker across mine.

As soon as we placed all the useless stuff in our locker, we started heading to the cafeteria whilst talking in the process.

“So basically, you’re an only child and you’re rich?” I asked when she finished telling me most of her life.

“Technically, no. I’m not rich. My mom is since she owns everything we have… except for my room of course, my room is totally mine, no arguments there.”

I chuckled at her response “You have a point there.”  I adjusted my bag in my shoulder as I ask her the next thing that popped in my mind.  “So what about your dad? I mean, doesn’t he own everything with your mom too?”

When I caught the faint frown in her face, I knew I hit the touchy button but just as soon as the frown settled, her smiled appeared as if making it look like it doesn’t matter. “I don’t know the whole story but what I do know is that my mom got pregnant and when it was time for me to pop out he wasn’t there or in the whole pregnancy, for that matter.”

“I’m really sorry.” I gave her an apologetic look.

“Oh don’t be. I don’t know him since forever so it doesn’t really matter.” She shrugged but I knew it was a lie. She was just as affected as any child would be if they didn’t know their father. Just like me. I know my real father is dead but I’ve never really seen him, not even on photos.

“C’mon, enough with this atmosphere because we’re here. Welcome to my favorite subject.” She grinned and pushed the doors of the cafeteria open and as soon as she did noises of everyone inside filled our ears. A cheerleader, I assume since she’s wearing the uniform, about three tables ahead from us, waved at our direction. I raised a brow at Elli’s direction, silently asking about the situation.

“Relax. She’s with –“ Elli was cut off by a red headed guy holding out voice recorder to me.

“Hello Ms. Evans. Do you mind if I ask you a few questions?” he was slightly taller than me wearing green, slightly oversized shirt and jeans and white rubber shoes.

“Honestly? Yes, I do mind very much.” Elli chuckled at my answer.

“No, no, no.  I meant, uhm… can I ask you some questions?”

I shook my head “Nope. You cannot.”

Elli snorted then covered her mouth when she realized she did.

“Was that a snort?” the red head asked rhetorically and pulled back the recorder near his mouth.  “Elizabeth Green snorts when she’s laughing.” He reported. Damn. He records every little detail? What is this, freaking Hollywood?

Elli glared at his direction. “Beat it, Mike. We’re trying to have lunch here. And I snort. Big whoop! I only do that when I’m trying not to laugh, at least get your facts straight.” She grabbed my wrist and started to walk away but halted when Mike hastily blocked us.