Drinking her Way to Forgiveness

Start from the beginning

"So talk to me. Naruto told me that you were crying after the training session. Apparently he didn't even take part in it. You didn't say anything to him other than "nothing happened and that's the problem." We're all getting worried Sakura. Tsunade also told me that you were overworking yourself quite a bit. You know you can talk to me. It's Sasuke isn't it?"

"It's not that Ino, I don't know I guess I got emotional after training. It was exactly like in the old days, that's all."

The blonde judged the other kunoichi with her eyes before she told her to drink up.

The two friends lifted their glasses and drank the entirety of it at once. Ino put it back on the table and smiled at Sakura's pout.

"Every time you try to hide something I'll make you drink until I get it all out."

"I'm not lying."

"One more then."

She repeated the pouring of alcohol and the drinking. After half an hour Sakura could feel her head spinning a little bit. Well, maybe more than a bit but she was trying to stay in control.

"Well, the both of us will pass out if you don't speak up not that I am complaining because I admire your determination but then people will definitely see you drunk. Your choice."

The pink kunoichi was still looking at the window. Her head was moving back and forth between her friend and the street. The villagers were just carrying on with their days while she was being burned by a fire eating her organs and soul.

She focused on an old lady who was struggling to walk. Standing next to her was a young man. Things were blurry because of the alcohol, but she focused on the familiar hair and the bandana. Then she realised it: it was Sasuke. She frowned her eyebrows and analysed the scene. He was holding a few bags in his only hand and walked at the same pace as the lady.

"What is he doing?" she whispered.

Ino stopped saying whatever she was talking about and followed Sakura's glare.

"Oh, yeah he decided to help the villagers. Some of them are D-rank missions and some other deeds are just his choice. Sai told me about it yesterday."

Her revelation was followed by a long silence so she continued speaking.

"Sakura... you should be happy, he is turning into the man you always wanted him to be."

"I don't want him to." she murmured so quietly that the woman barely heard it.

The two friends remained quiet. The blonde kunoichi didn't know what to say after hearing her best friend's declaration. She was very confused. Her thoughts were interrupted by someone standing next to their table.

"There you are." said the voice. "Ino, sorry to interrupt but I have been looking for you everywhere and someone told me that they saw you walk in here." her judgmental voice make Sakura slouch in her seat hoping to disappear. " Anyway, Tsunade needs you to pick up some document at the hospital for her. Keep them until tomorrow and give them to her."

Shizune looked at the three empty bottles of sake on the table.

"What are we celebrating?" she asked curiously.

"Nothing! I'll go now! Sakura wait here I'll be right back. We're not done yet."

She stumbled her way out of the place and disappeared from Sakura's view. She was finally alone. She poured herself another glass and stared at the colourless liquid not sure if her body will accept more of it. After judging the situation for a while she downed it in a second. She didn't have to work for a few days anyway.