Chapter 16, Landscape

Start from the beginning

I grab my books and start walking in that direction. When I get near the corner a standstill to look around but  I already see her sitting.  She has a book in her hand, I guess it's her Italian book.

She notices me standing, so she takes her glasses off and put them away. She has her hair up in a bun, with some loose strains of hair, with a big sweater dress on.  She now frowns at me.

''Uhm hello,'' she says and acts hostile.

''Hai,'' I get closer and take a seat, with one seat between us, like last time.

She looks a little surprised and then sees the book in my hand.

''I have to tutor you?'' She askes, still frowning.

I feel a little offended by the judgment in her voice.

I nod my head, ''Yess''

She leans against the wall and looks at me. There is a mix of emotions, all bad once. Angry, frustrated annoyance. Maybe this wasn't a good idea.

''When did you get your books?'' she looks at my books and then back at me.

I don't get why that matters ''A hour ago?''

She smiles and rolls her eyes, ''How do you even know you need a tutor?''

''Well, uhhh,'' Didn't expect that.

''I will help you because I get extra points for it, but the first assignment you're gone do by yourself.'' 

I nod, ''Yes mam'' I smile at her attitude.

I look at her and see a little smile. 

For almost 15 minutes we sit in silence, I'm doing the assignments and she just sits and looks up at me from time to time.

Normally she would be drawing right now. Did she stop since the accident? I look over at her, but the only thing she had on the table is an English notebook and a pencil. She said once that her friends used to give her ideas to draw, I guess they don't do that anymore. 

I stop writing and look at her for a second. She notices and looks up at me.

''Done?'' she asks holding out her hand to check my work.

''No,'' I shake my head, look from her hand to her face. 

She really acts cold so I guess she isn't going to ask questions.

''Don't you have any homework to do?''

''No,''

''you used to sketch right?''

She looks down at her hands.

''Yeah, used to.''

''Why did you stop,'' I ask.

''Why are you asking so many questions.'' She raises one eyebrow and looks annoyed. Why is she so annoyed with me, our conversation last time went well so I don't get it.

''I'm just asking,'' I say as nonchalant as possible and don't break eye contact with her. She stares back at me for a couple of seconds ''s.

''I can't anymore,'' She looks at her hands again. "I looked at my old drawing and I don't even remember drawing them, I don't know how I even got the ideas to draw them.'' She confesses.

She doesn't remember because she used to get the inspiration to draw from the other Vini's lives.

''Ok, what if I gave you something to draw?''

She looks up at me with a small smile. ''Like what?''

The first things I think of are the moon and the woods, but let's no do that.  I look around us, while she wait for my suggestion. When my eyes land on the book in front of me I have an idea.