CHAPTER THRITY-SEVEN

-AMIKO'S POV-

My eyes fluttered open as I heard beeping coming from the side of me. I looked around and noticed I was in a hospital room. The room was empty and the TV played on a low volume.

I adjusted myself but felt pain to my side. I winced before the doctor came in with a bright smile.

"I'm glad I came in just in time." She smiled and I just stared at her blankly.

"Do you remember what happened?" She asked as she grabbed her clipboard and pen. I closed my eyes before taking a deep breath before seeing myself shoot Rosco.

I remembered the whole night and I opened my eyes before looking at her.

"Do you?" She asked and i nodded.

"Okay. You suffered from a gunshot to your arm, thigh, hip, and shoulder. I'm glad your alive because the bullets we pulled out of you are deadly. Your a strong women and you have very nice friends who care for you." She smiled.

"Is it okay if I send them back? I know their waiting to see you." She said and i nodded. Before she left, she made sure to tell me one more thing leaving me in deep thought.

I sighed before looking out the window. I've never been in so much pain in my life. I actually thought I was gonna die.

I began to feel dizzy, weak. I heard the door open and I saw Nia and Tae before they ran to me.

"Oh Bestie!" Nia cried as she hugged me. I gave Tae a hug before Brandon, Polo, Kel, and the kids. I was waiting for Benji to hug me but he just stared at me with sad eyes. He stood from a far like he didn't want to walk near me.

I gave him a small smile but it faded as he just stared at me. I know he was probably thinking this was his fault.

"Y'all, can y'all excuse me and Benji. We need to talk." I said and they nodded before getting up and walking out. I scooted over even though it hurted like shit and patted the space that was beside me.

"Come sit by me." I said and he walked over.

"Ion wanna hurt you." He said and I chuckled to myself.

"Benji get up here." I said and he hesitated before doing as told. He got in the bed with me and he wrapped his arm around me before kissing my forehead.

"Benji it's not your fault okay? You don't have to beat yourself up about it. I know that's what you been doing." I said looking at him. He chuckled before shaking his head.

"I just feel like it's my fault. I got you into this shit now you got shot 4 times. That shit crazy man and I blame me for it. It was my problem, not yours." He said.

"No. I chose to do what I did and it backfired on me. I just got to accept it." I said and he rubbed my hands.

"The man that murdered my parents is gone." He said and i nodded with a smile.

"Yup. So no more worries." I said and he chuckled to himself, but then I thought of Ryder. We sat in silence before he spoke up.

"My parents were good people but they did their dirt. My father was in the drug game. Shared it with Rosco. They were the best of friends. Rosco had a jealousy problem. He wanted everything my father had. The house, cars, wife. My dad's side of the organization made millions of money and Rosco's didn't get anywhere. Rosco wanted my dads side so he did it the worst way possible. Killing him and my mom just because she was there and no witnesses. Me, Brandon and the kids were gone on a road trip with my aunt. Came back to some foul shit like that. It was a tape found and every time I go back and look at that, it pisses me off. Watching Rosco torture my father and rape my mom and beat her to death makes me black out and hurt anything in my way." He said and i shook my head.