CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX

-AMIKO'S POV-

The room grew quiet as gun powder filled the room. I stood still, not moving at all. I turned and looked at Benji as he never took his eyes off me.

I couldn't kill Benji and I refused too. I felt like Benji was the love of my life and I didn't want to do the worst thing ever. The whole afternoon, I was making a plan and it worked. Rosco had me fucked up if he thought I was gonna shoot my man.

Benji treated me like no other and he was my King and I was his Queen. Rosco fell for the trap and honestly, it felt good that he was dead but we weren't finished. I know we still had his son to take out.

I know Benji was probably gonna probably put me out after this, and if he does, I'll understand. The door busted open and two men walked in before shooting at me.

I felt burning sensations go through my body before I dropped to the ground. I arched my back as I tried fighting back the pain.

"AHHHHH!" I screamed loudly before I heard more gun shots go off and I watched as the men's Bodies dropped. I've never felt this much pain ever and it was the worst pain. I tasted blood in my mouth and I saw Benji run to my side.

"Ohh baby it hurts so bad!" I said as I felt him wipe the slipping tear.

"It's okay baby." He said as he picked me up and I screamed as I cried.

"I don't know if I'm gonna make it Benji." I cried and he shook his head.

"Don't say that. Don't say that." He said as he took me outside and he put me in the back of his truck.

"Yo what the fuck happened?" I heard. My vision was becoming blurry but I saw Kel.

"Nigga drive us to the hospital!" Benji yelled at him before throwing him the keys. Benji sat in the back with me as he rested my head on his lap.

I felt the truck move and my pains grew worse.

"AHHHHH!!" I screamed as I cried.

"It's all good baby. Stay with me. Don't close your eyes." He told me. I shook my head as I held my stomach.

"Benji I did this for you. I couldn't kill you baby. I love you to much. Your my everything and I want the best for you. Benji please don't let me die." I pleaded and from what it looks like, Benji was crying. I've never seen Benji cry and to see him cry over me, made me love him even more.

"I won't. I love you more. Please don't close your eyes.." he said and I began coughing up blood. I felt my eyes starting to close and as bad as I tried to keep them open, I couldn't.

If I made it through this, I knew I had to bounce back from it. If I made it through this, I had to get over this, I had to forget about this day and act like it never happened. I have to be back to my normal self.

-BENJI'S POV-

"Miko, keep your eyes open." I said as they fluttered.

"I'm trying." She mumbled as blood filled her mouth. I knew that was choking her so I tried sitting her up but she yelled in pain.

"Kel hurry up bruh!" I shouted.

"I'm trying nigga!" He yelled back and I looked out the window checking my surroundings before looking back down at Miko to see her eyes closed.

"No No No. Miko wake up!" I said as I shook her softly but I got no response. He pulled up outside the emergency exit and I opened the door as Kel ran in grabbing the nurses.

They ran out before grabbing Miko from my arms as they put her on a stretcher and rolled her in. I followed after them with my hands over my head.

"Man what the hell happened?" Kel asked and I shook my head not wanting to talk about it.

"Man if I lose her, I don't know what I'll do." I said as my Aunt and siblings walked in with Nia, Brandon and Tae behind them.

"Where is she?! Where is my best friend?" Nia panicked and I just shook my leg with so much anger.

"Benji answer me! Is she okay?! What happened!" Nia yelled.

"She was tryna protect me." I murmured and Nia sat beside me before grabbing my hands.

"Look, it's Miko. Let's just hope she can pull through." Nia cried and as bad as I wanted to think that, I know I couldn't. By all the bullets she took, she might not be able to live. I didn't want to think that, but hey.

If she survived this, I would be so fortunate. Miko was my girl and I don't wanna lose her. She a real one on my team and she did something unbelievable. I love that girl and I just hope she's okay.

-4 HOURS LATER-

Hours had passed by and we haven't got no word at all on Miko.

"Come on bro, you need to go and change. You got all this blood on you." Brandon said and I shook my head.

"Nah I'm good." I said and he shook his head.

"Benji go. Go fix yourself up. I'll stay here and if the doctors come out with any word, I'll call you." Nia said and I looked at her.

I really didn't want to leave but I knew Brandon was gonna bug me about my clothes.

"If they say anything, call me." I said putting emphasis on anything. She nodded and I stood to my feet before walking out with Brandon behind me.