CHAPTER SIXTEEN

-AMIKO'S POV-

After hanging with Benji, he dropped me off with Nia. We were sitting on the couch watching My Wife and Kids. One of my favorite tv shows of all time.

We were stretched out on the couch in a comfortable silence.

"Miko." I heard Nia. I took my eyes off the TV and looked at Nia.

"Hm?" I asked and she sat up. She began fidgeting with her fingernails and I grew worried.

"What if I told you that I didn't have a place to go?" She asked and i raised a brow with worry and confusion.

"What? Nia you have a whole house." I said and she pushed her hair out her face.

"Not anymore. I'm always here with you because my mom is never home. Honestly, I don't know where she is but I found this in her drawer." She spoke as she took out a small bag of coke and a needle.

I quickly sat up before taking the needle out her hand. I couldn't believe that Nia mom would do something like that. Her mom was sweet and to hear that she found that in her room was a shocker.

"Awn Nia. You can stay with me. I'm sure nana wouldn't mind." I spoke and she smiled.

"Thanks Miko. I'm so grateful for you. Seriously." She spoke as we hugged each other. We pulled away before laughing At the fact that both of our stomach's growled at the same time.

"Let's go get something to eat." Nia said and I got off the couch and walked to my room before slipping on my tennis shoes. Walking to the door, Nia was standing there waiting for me. We walked out the door and I locked it behind me.

We held hands as we walked to McDonald's since Mack's was closing around this time. It was going on 7 but it was still daylight a little.

"Nia I want you to know that you have me by your side. If you need anything, let me know. I'm willing to help you with anything." I said in all seriousness and she squeezed my hand before kissing it. The sound of gunshots filled our ears and we looked at each other before shaking our heads. We lived in the hood so we got used to it.

"Love you Miko." She said and I smiled.

"So what's been up with you?" Nia asked and I shrugged. I didn't tell Nia that I told Benji about my life story so I guess I will.

"I told Benji." I said and she looked at me.

"For real? How did he take it?" Nia asked and I shrugged.

"He took it like normal information. He was shocked I can tell you that. He was by my side though." I said and she nodded.

"I think I'm catching feelings Nia. But I know it's too fast." I spoke and Nia replied with a scoff.

"Girl it ain't never to fast to catch feelings. It's just is it the right person. I mean, girl he's been your crush for the longest." Nia said and I sighed.

"I know. But he tells me he wants to work something out with me but sometimes, I don't know. That mindset that is telling me he is using me steps in the way." I said and Nia pinched me making me wince.

"Girl the way the boy looks at you shows me something totally different. You better take that mindset out and put a knew one in because if you keep having it, you gone loose him and somebody gon get him." She said and I looked at her.

She was right. If I wanted Benji to be mines, I had to take the mindset out and put a knew, and positive one in.

"Okay enough of me. What about you and Brandon." I said and she smirked.