Soulmates

TW:  yelling.
BuzzFeed unsolved fic.
FLUFF!! <3
Ship: Shyan
It's a soulmate AU, guys
Plot: Shane is Lucifer, and Ryan is terrified of him.
Art belongs to me!
See you at the end!
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-__-_--_-_-_-_--
Shane watched carefully as Ryan pressed himself up against the far wall. They were in a hotel room, and Shane had been going through the footage they'd gotten on the latest Unsolved Supernatural video. Ryan had been looking over his shoulder when they'd come across a clip. Ryan and Shane had been in a jail cell with the spirit box. Ryan hadn't seen it at the time, but there had been a spectre behind him, hands chillingly close to his neck. Shane had seen it, and reacted as he always did. His eyes went black, and he forced the ghost back into Oblivion. Or, the in-between, if you were mortal. Shane stepped back from the terrified man, giving him space. "What the absolute crap, Shane." The man closed his eyes in terror, as if not wanting to look at Shane. "You're a demon? Seriously? Your probably trying to murder me or something. Are you evil? What do you want with me!" Ryan's voice raised to a yell, punctuated with the panicked breaths he was taking. Shane felt his heart crack. He was the cause of Ryan's terror. He was hurting Ryan.
"One at a time, Ryan. What's your first question? I'll answer them all." Shane's voice was quiet, guilty.
"Are you gonna hurt me?" Ryan questioned. "Absolutely not." Shane stared straight at Ryan, letting him see he was completely serious. Dead serious, as one might say. The shorter man's shoulders relaxed very slightly. "Are you really a demon?"
Shane closed his eyes, trying to remain expressionless. "... I mean, technically you could say I am." Shane took a seat on the edge of one of the beds, keeping a distance between him and the believer. "Technically?" Ryan's voice gave away his curiosity. He'd been hunting ghosts and demons for years, and now was his chance to actually learn.
"...I am... Actually... Well, I'm..." Shane fought to get the words out. He knew this would scare Ryan more. He'd never been so lost for words. "I'm Lucifer. I am the devil himself." Ryan pressed himself back up against the wall, stiff as a board. "Any more questions?" Shane asked. "Yeah. Why haven't you taken my soul yet?" Shane smirked ruefully. "Well, you see... I was going to. I took the time to gain your trust, and then by that point it was a mixture of 'frick this, BuzzFeed Unsolved is now my life' and 'well, I can't hurt Ryan. I'm his friend now'. I haven't taken your soul because I don't think I'm capable of causing you that much pain voluntarily." Ryan frowned. "Okay... But aren't you supposed to be, like, horned and demon-like?" Shane grew guarded. "Next question." Ryan narrowed his eyes. "Why? Is it a bad question?" Shane shook his head. "Just scary. Yeah, I have horns and a tail and a demonic lookin' face. Any more questions?"

"... A ton, but we really better get back to editing. I'm still scared of you, so if you could, watch yourself please." Shane nodded. "I'm going to walk over to you, okay?" Ryan nodded, eyes never leaving Shane. Lucifer stood and slowly walked over to Ryan, eyes glued to the floor. He looked at Ryan through his lashes, studying his expression. Obviously there was fear, coupled with curiosity and wonder. "Well, let's get back to it," Ryan said briskly.

*
It was the late hours of the night, and Shane was sure that Ryan's entire life force ran off of coffee and Coca-Cola.

They'd finished up with the editing in an appallingly short amount of time, and Shane knew that Ryan was mostly out of it at this point. So when Ryan fell into Shane's lap, he knew it was time for sleep. "C'mon, shortie. Get into your bed, it's late." Ryan didn't move, instead opting to talk. "What do your horns look like, Shane?" Shane hesitated, and then Ryan burst into wheezing bouts of laughter. "What's so funny, Ryan?" Shane shifted, slightly uncomfortable, what with the position of Ryan's head. "You're a horny boy! You've got horns!" Ryan shouted joyously, radiating such childish energy. "I suppose I am. Ryan, are you sure you want to see my horns? They're not pretty." He warned. Ryan sat up, noticing the slight shake in Shane's voice. "I'm sure they'll be fine, Shane." Ryan shifted so he was sitting next to the demon, and Shane saw no way of getting out of this. "Okay. If you get scared, tell me, alright?" Ryan nodded enthusiastically.