We have each other

Hey y'all! This is somewhat angsty lol but it goes to fluff at the end

Guess what? This isn't about Sanders Sides! (Wow, incredible, I know)
This is a shyan oneshot, which if you didn't know is the ship between Ryan and Shane from BuzzFeed Unsolved. (Shane is a softie in this one ☺️)

I in NO way mean any disrespect towards Shane and Ryan's significant others, I think they're lovely people. This is just for fun! Anyways, let's do this! (ATTENTION: IN THIS ONESHOT RYAN HAS SEVERE ANXIETY. IF YOU GET TRIGGERED BY THAT, PLEASE DONT READ. PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES.)
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
Shane was full of skepticism. It made up his very being. It was easier to believe in nothing than to live in fear of what couldn't be controlled. He didn't believe in ghosts, demons, spirits. He didn't believe in God, or angels.
He supposed that, if it came down to it, he could open up to the supernatural. But if he did, the fear he constantly repressed would have a reason to be there. Solid reasons couldn't be ignored. There he sat, in his cubicle-looking workspace, his coworker and friend sitting beside him, rambling on about the "clear" evidence of ghosts. Ryan was a firm believer, almost to a fault. The wind could shut a door and Ryan would immediately flip out, blaming ghosts.

There wasn't much Shane could do except listen, however much it annoyed him. "So, next time we use the spirit box and there's more than three legible words spoken, let's agree that there's activity that could belong to a ghost or demon." Ryan insisted, as if three words would change Shane's view. "Deal." The skepticism laced through his voice seemed to irritate Ryan. There was a short silence that Shane used to turn away and break the conversation. He glared at the hard drive in his computer. It was so freaking slow, he might have to leave his computer on overnight to let the footage contained in it to download. He was starting to get a headache. "Shane?" Ryan's voice was uncharacteristically soft. "Yeah?" Shane turned once more to face his friend. "Did I do something wrong? You look angry." He asked. If Shane was able to, he would've spent the next ten minutes reminding Ryan of his worth and how he couldn't do anything wrong to him, but he didn't. Shane understood Ryan's question was purely anxiety based, not because of anything he'd done.

"Ryan, look at me. Breathe. You didn't do anything wrong. I'm just being a grumpy a-" Shane paused and rethought his sentence. "You did nothing wrong. I promise." Ryan shifted. "But you seemed irritated... It's because of the ghost talk, isn't it? I said something that you didn't like and you don't want to be around me and now you hate me-" Shane inhaled through his nose, swiftly rolling his chair over to Ryan. He placed his hands on the panicking man's shoulders as a way to ground him. When he'd found out about Ryan's anxiety, he'd researched ways to calm him down from panic attacks or the short bursts of nervousness Ryan was prone to. "Ryan. Hey, don't look away. Look at me, please." Shane lowered the volume of his voice, his words coming out in a soothing rumble. "What caused this, Ryan? Have you been drinking coffee again?" Shane, although trying to lighten the mood, was stone cold serious. There was no trademark smirk to be seen, just concern and worry, thinly veiled with ruefullness. "I- I don't know why I'm like this, I just-" Ryan stuttered over his words, eyes clouded over. Shane stiffened, knowing now that this was worse than the normal anxiety. "Come with me, Ry. Let's work through this." Shane kept a firm grip on Ryan, leading him out of their office and into the break room, where, thankfully, no one was. Shane sat with Ryan on a beanbag, sharing his warmth with the shaking man. "What's going on in your head?" Shane asked. Ryan stared at Shane, eyes wide and blank. "I can't stop th-thinking, I'm t-trying to calm down but y-you looked angry and," Ryan's voice broke. His breathing became faster, and Shane could feel the panicked fluttering of his heart. Shane wrapped Ryan in a hug, making sure to position himself in a way that would allow Ryan to hear his heartbeat. "Ryan, Ryan. I could never be angry at you. I love that you're so passionate about ghosts. I love that you include me in those conversations. We're ghost hunters! Even if I don't believe in them, I'd be more than happy to look through hours of footage with you, not because I want to be right, but because it makes you happy." Shane said, his chest burning with emotion.