Suddenly Garett felt like two people and not one.

What just happened? He asked

We have synced our mind with yours. Our emotions can be expressed through your physical state and our almost infinite knowledge can be given to you at anytime should you ask. Your knowledge will be ours as well. We have also put our power in the staff and it is accessible only by you.

Wow. I suppose that's better than taking full control of my mind, Garett said realizing that he wasn't shouting anymore. Talking to them before required so much effort that he had to shout but now it was as though he was speaking to himself.

Suddenly he felt an annoyance rise in him towards the scene about to play outside the alumnai realm. He knew it wasn't his annoyance, it was the mysts.

Then he felt knowledge flow into his mind and knew what he had to do.

Everything suddenly moved at normal speed again. Gruff's axe was up and ready to swing while the chief was ready to lash out power that Garett now knew was telekinesis.

He lifted his staff and knocked the end on the floor. A gold colored power surged in the room then died down as quickly as it came.

Everyone stopped and looked at Garett. Garett stared at Gruff.

"Ala Gruff." he said "son of Ala Zuff and Ala Suff. Your parents died in the Armageddon war. And so did your little sister."

Wait what? How old are these guys?

Knowledge flowed into his mind and Garett was overwhelmed by those ages.

"We don't have time for your tantrums. As we speak the evil is breaking through the barrier on the other side." Garett said. Well that's not good, he thought to himself.

"How is this possible?" Adium asked

"It would appear I and the mysts have come to an agreement. Our minds are now one, in a sense." Garett said.

He felt a scratch against his mental wall. Recognizing the power, he turned to the chief.

"You couldn't penetrate my mental wall even at your full strength Nathaniel. But I could go through your walls without breaking them." Garett said.

And suddenly the chief, who Garett now knew to be Nathan was lifting his hand against his will.

"I could control you without effort." Garett said. The chief's eyes, as well as all others widened in shock. Then Garett gave the Chief back his mind, making the chief sigh in relief, because In only a thought he could destroy Nathan's mind.

Garett turned to his companions. Sharaya and Roudog looked at him like they didn't know him, while Cen had a grin on her face. He smiled back at her.

"If there are no more doubts, I would like to continue." Garett said.

"Of course Alum." The Chief said.

"Why would you —" Garett was cut off by the smooth flow of knowledge into his mind. Alum was how these creatures addressed the alumnai.

"I am not of the alumnai." Garett said.

"No. But you are one with their mind, we must therefore address you with respect." Amish said.