FIFTY SIX

Monique's POV

I yawned loudly while in the middle of my afternoon nap. It caused me to wake up and I was unable to sleep now. I blinked multiple times so my vision would adjust to the room.

I stretched my arms and slowly stood up from the bed. Haechan wasn't in the room and I noticed that his bag was gone. I went over to his closet and opened it to see his clothes hanged and folded neatly.

I also decided I should unpack so I zipped up my bag and placed the clothes inside my closet. After I finished, I placed my empty bag at the bottom. I went down to the living room and saw Haechan reading something.

"What are you reading?" I asked while chuckling and sat beside him on the couch. "'The Princess and the Frog'." He said and put a leg over the other. I didn't know what the heck I just did but I found myself leaning my head on his shoulder to take a peek at what he was reading.

"Oh, I remember this clearly," I mumbled and pointed at the page. Haechan just gave a nod and continued on reading. "I shouldn't bother you." I stood up to leave him alone but he grabbed my wrist before I can even take a step.

"You can leave, but I will not allow you." I chuckled and he pulled me beside him again. I read the book too and smiled when I remembered my little reactions as Rosella's mother told me this.

I looked up when the door slammed open. "Ugh, damn you, Hans. We're old already, stop playing around." Gretel grumbled and marched to the kitchen. Her brother came in wheezing and fell to the ground. "You're still seriously so dumb, Gret."

"Shut up!" She shouted. Hansel laughed and wiped a non-existent tear in his eye. "Oh, that was a good one," He muttered and stood up. His gaze dropped to Haechan and I. "Wasn't that your favorite fairy tale?"

I turned to the male beside me and he was raising a brow. "Really? I thought it was 'Peter Pan'?" Hansel waved his hand and shrugged. "I forgot, too. Anyway, you two get ready for dinner."

"Don't set another trap, you scum!" Gretel roared from the kitchen. Hansel smirked. "I won't~." He hummed while making his way to his room, chuckling evilly. When I made sure he was inside, I whispered to Haechan, "Are they always this.. playful?"

"Kind of. They played and taught me at the same time so my training was fun." I smiled smugly. "I was wondering where your energy came from, guess it has been answered now." I said and crossed my arms across my chest.

He ruffled my hair and closed the book. "Yes. Anyway, I want to show you something. This always happens when the sun sets." He said and held out his hand. I took it and he pulled me outside the house.

It was getting dark and the woods looked unwelcoming and creepy, though it reminds me of the time when I finally escaped the castle. Haechan continued to drag me with him, going deeper into the woods.

"Are you sure you are not leading me into something dangerous?" I asked while we walked. "What? No. I promised, didn't I? That I won't let anyone harm you."

"You won't let anyone harm me but you can harm me." I stated matter-of-factly, making Haechan laugh. "Okay, that is a nice one, but seriously, there are no tricks or pranks." Scoffing, I nodded. "Hmm, better be."

Later on, we stopped. I was going to ask him again but he let out a giggle. Heck, my heart ran a marathon for a second. "We are right on time." He said and peeked from the bush we were behind. I looked to whatever he was trying to show me and I gasped in a small voice.

"Do you like it?" He asked. It was a whole group of fireflies. They were travelling with the current of the river and it was such a wonderful sight. "I love it," I said breathlessly.